To Crash, or Not to Crash?

Here we are in June and I'm still having the same old problem - I am unable to write anything.

Somewhere around the beginning of the year, I announced that I was going to re-write Crash Into Me. I was super-excited about it. I was going to make it bigger and better than the two (three?) versions that came before it, and I was finally going to make good on the sequel I had always promised. I was going to make it the story I had always imagined it to be.

Now I don't know what I'm doing.

On the one hand, I still want to re-write it. It's a loose end for me - a story that I can't stop thinking about because it has always been a disappointment to be. I want to finally be happy with it! But at the same time, I feel like it's time to move on. Fan fiction may have been a big part of my life once, but it's all in the past now. I have a ton of original stories I want to be working on, and keeping Crash... always on my mind is holding me back.

I would be lying, too, if I didn't admit that I was scared of disappointing my readers. I promised a re-write, and I hate breaking promises. And there are thirty-one of you out there already subscribed to read said re-write.

I don't know what to do.

A part of me just wants to re-post the old version and stop thinking about it. I'm so torn.
June 6th, 2015 at 12:37pm