About My Stories: The Big Bang

How suitable is that the shortest story I have up is also the one I have the least to say about?

Seriously, if I end up with a hundred words, or a blog's worth, of stuff on it, I will impress myself.

Well...I guess it couldn't hurt to try. It would be practice for making things longer and filler chapters, if nothing else. Sooo...let's see what I can scourer up.

(The dragging out of things has already started, as you can see.)

"The Big Bang" is a very little snip of a story, at only 85 words. It has little to nothing to do with The Big Bang, or much science (well, there’s gravity). I posted it here on January 7th, 2012. It is, as can probably be told by the order of this blog series, my second oldest story up. I know that came up with it before then (of course), but I can't be sure how long before it was. It seems like it lingered in my writing notebook (the one I was using at the time) for awhile before I did anything with it, though I can’t be totally sure how long again, as I didn’t really date my writing at the time. I think I remember looking at it one day, and realized, "This would be a good thing to put on Mibba."

Whenever I decided to share it, it doesn't matter too much to me. All that does is that I haven't regretted that move in anyway. I've since received three wonderful comments on it, and I am glad I put it up. (Again, if I never said it then to the commentators on it: THANK YOU.)

That's about all there is to it, really. However, there is one thing I remembered as I was writing this that I want to address real quick.

Two of the comments ask if it was suppose to be a comedy or just what. I don't know if I ever answered them, and I know I never did anything on there that clarified things. Once you read it, I'm sure you'll figure out what it was. But if you haven't, and just so I can say I told people: it IS a comedy. One of my successful attempts at it, too, apparently, as I actually made people laugh at it. It's also something that's kinda rare from that point in my writing. I didn’t usually write things that were meant to be funny, so to have that is special.

Okay, now that's it. And oh, this is also special. I did make 100 words. Way over, actually: 453, to be exact. I did in fact manage to impress myself.

Sweet.

~ S
June 11th, 2015 at 01:56am