Keep Our Land Glorious and Free (Culture Month Event)

I decided to participate in the Culture Month Event because I'm trying to be more active on Mibba and throw it back to the good old days when I lived on here.

But yes, I don't have anything exciting to talk about heritage wise because my family has been in Canada for the last few generations. So I'll just talk about my city/province/country.

I'm from Canada, and live in Alberta, known for it's oil and population that comes and goes. My town is small and about as far up as you can get before you hit Alaska. There's literally a sign that says "FOR ALASKA, STAY IN RIGHT LANE" in the middle of town. We are known mostly for guys with lifted trucks, partying college students, and over half of the population being from Ontario. Yeah, not the greatest legacy we've got going on.

I was born and raised in and around here, and while I really like Canada, I don't love my town. It's small and there's not much going on, and the whole everyone knowing you all the time thing gets old. It gets about as snowy and you'd imagine Canada being, and gets freezing for all 6 months of winter. Very stereotypical, really.

Our tourist attractions are limited to this giant sundial that was built for not apart reason:
Image

Which almost rivals the giant beaver in a town about 45 minutes away, but not really.
Image

Soon a town right outside of the city is getting a giant dinosaur museum so we have high hopes.

And that's the exciting place I live. If you can all it exciting.
June 15th, 2015 at 06:15am