We All Change

And I feel like I've done a lot of that recently.

I'm not going to get into a lot of details about it, but the person I am now is completely and utterly different from who I was a year ago. Six months ago even!

My parents used to always talk about how shy and nervous I was. I was that cute little blond-haired blue-eyed girl who legitimately cried when people laughed to hard (or made any loud noises for that matter). My little sister used to make me cry on a daily basis. Though I attracted a lot of kind-hearted friends, it took me months to really feel as though I could trust them and not be shy around them.

That was about... 10-15 years ago. Fast forward to modern day Mikayla, I am the complete opposite. Along with being the most approachable and charismatic person you'll ever meet, I take pride in my ability to bring shy people out of their shells. I befriend every person I come in contact with, and often times am the one anchoring the conversations. And best of all, I don't let people walk all over me; if anything, I can sometimes speak my mind a bit too easily and can come across as sassy.

Basically, my mom would describe me as the sassy, charismatic, independent woman who "doesn't need a rich doctor husband because I'll be the rich one!" Hahaha :)

How have you changed?
June 17th, 2015 at 05:43am