The Connection: Odds 'n Ends!

Hey there.

In lieu of an awfully long author's note, we have this awfully long blog post. Anyway, here we go.

I couldn't find a playlist site that I liked, so these are all Youtube links. This is an overall playlist, but I'll specify the certain songs I was listening to when I wrote a particular chapter. Feel free to listen!

Heartbeats - Jose Gonzalez
Cardiac Arrest – Bad Suns
Thunder Clatter – Wild Club
Tip of my Tongue – The Civil Wars (Chapter 17)
Big Black Car - Gregory Alan Isakov (Chapter 17, as well as Max’s song)
re: Stacks – Bon Iver (Chapter 17)
No One’s Gonna Love You – Band of Horses (Chapter 17)
Thank You – Led Zeppelin (Chapter 18, as well as Max's song for Avery)
Wasp Nest – The National (Chapter 18, as well as Cooper’s song for Kat)
Little Hell – City and Color (Chapter 21)
We Found Each Other in the Dark – City and Color (Chapter 21)
Be the Song – Foy Vance (Chapter 21)
Smother – Daughter (Chapter 24)
Angel Owl – Little Green Cars (Chapter 24)
Blood Bank – Bon Iver (Chapter 24)
Dark Blue – Jack’s Mannequin (Chapter 24)
Mess is Mine – Vance Joy (Chapter 27)
Gerogia – Vance Joy (Chapter 30)
To Be Alone With You – Sufjan Stevens (Chapter 33)
All of My Love – Led Zeppelin (Chapter 33)
Bloom – The Paper Kites (Chapter 36)
Let’s Be Still – The Head and the Heart (Chapter 36)
Dust to Dust – The Civil Wars
Work it Out – Knox Hamilton (Basically the song that encompasses the entire fic)

Phew. Okay.

A few notes on Aver and Max’s apartment. It probably wasn't clear in the chapter, but their apartment is a corner apartment, so all of the rooms, except the bathroom and half of the kitchen are on one wall. And that wall (at Max’s surely adoration filled, mushy request) is full of windows. The pictures are, again, off of Goggle. But I tried to find ones that would make the most sense for this apartment. So, you might have to use your imagination a little.

Looking into the living room (and a little of the bedroom), from the kitchen.
Looking into the kitchen, from the living room.
Just the bedroom.
Just the bathroom.

Please keep in mind that these are just the armature of the rooms. So, nothing in these photos are actual belongings that Avery and Max brought for the apartment. However, these are a few:

The living room.
The kitchen.
The bathroom.
The bedroom.

OKAY. That’s all, promise. Hopefully, this story has been as much fun for you guys to read as it was for me to write. As promised there is a sequel. I'm still working on what it will all entail, but you can assume that it'll be mostly be Max and Avery living together and the struggles that will have. Also Avery’s first year at Milton, and well as Max working and going to technical school.

As always, thank you guys so much for your support and comments. And thanks to my beta, Machine! All you guys are incredible, wonderful people! And you all really mean the world to me! See you in the sequel!

Brandi x
June 18th, 2015 at 07:54pm