I Sleep Armed With a Pen // Thank You's!

Some people sleep with a teddy bear. Others sleep with a blanket.

I sleep with both of those things. And also snuggle up with a notebook, a pen, and my iPod.

Ever since I started writing - Oh lord, maybe 9 years ago? (Has it really been that long? Well then) - I had the uncanny ability that probably every other writer has of dreaming about her characters. I can remember clear as a fifth grader, waking up at some odd hour of the night, rushing over to my desk where I'd kept all of my notebooks and pencil, and scribbling down some scene that had just come to me out of the blue. Every night, this would happen: I would have some fantastic dream of either a story I was working on or a possible future story and the scene would be so on point I would have to physically wake myself up and fling myself off my bed to the desk to write it down before I forgot even the minutest of detail.

So right now, for my new story I have about five already planned out scenes that will happen at some point in the story, written between my iPod, my notebook/binder, and my phone (from when I'm daydreaming while my mum is driving somewhere). A couple nights ago, I actually dreamed up the perfect ending (as far as where I plan for the story to go right now) and it has me super excited because I'd been wondering right from when I started it how it would end.

And legit, it's perf.

Do you arm yourself with any notebooks/paper/pens/phone/iPod when you go to bed just in case?

Image


And I just wanted to make a short little Thank you area for my new story Let's Make a Deal, because it's probably - based on the stats so far - going to be one of my more popular stories on here ever, since I first joined five years ago. Four-hundred words in, and I've already been blessed with 10 subscribers and 8 recommendations (granted, some of which blindly trust my ability before I even posted the prologue!). I am completely at a loss for words, considering when I first planned to write this, it was just to get this story - in a lot of ways, my story - out of my chest and out into the world. To get the great and wonderful things out there, as well as the unfortunate truths and consequences every life is subjected to. And 400 words in, after just a prologue, there are actually people curious enough to see what exactly happened to Miss Camille Sheppard, and just what exactly she's going to do about it.

So again, thank you to all the wonderful Mibbians.
June 20th, 2015 at 05:44pm