Dear Trans Mibba (and Cis Mibba, Too), It's Time to Give Something Back

Hello? Uh, hi? *adjusts microphpne awkwardly* Well, hi, yes, this is to you. Not the cisgender, but the transgender people in this artistic community. Let me introduce myself.

My name is Nicolás Esparza, and I mostly go by Nico or Nik. It's been a year and a half since I found out I'm a guy and five months since I came out for the first time to my friends. A month ago, I came out to my parents. They are still adapting to the idea, and although they do not like it, they support me as much as they can.

Now, who are you? How old are you? When did you know? Are you female to male or male to female? Are you okay? Do you need something? Need to vent? I'm here.

I'm here, Mibba. I am.

You have given me a lot of things. A lot of friends, miles away from different nationalities. Funny articles. Stories that have moved me. Poems that have made me think. You've welcomed me with open arms since the first day, when my stories were shit and I didn't know anything about myself.

You've given me all you've got, always. This wonderful community of people just nodded, almost as if saying "yeah, that makes sense", and continued to treat me like they always did.

You've given me all. Now it's time to give something back.

I love you. You have no idea how much I love all of you. Transgender, cisgender, homosexual, heterosexual, asexual, demisexual, pansexual, bisexual, queer, polysexual, white, black, mulato, woman, man, non-binary, Americn, Spanish, German, English, Irish... all of you.

If you ever need anything. If you ever have too much shit to deal with. If you ever, EVER feel like you can't do it anymore, then PLEASE come to me because I cherish every single one of you and I will do my best to make you see that you are all well worth it.

Thank you, Mibba.

Thnk you for everything you've done.
June 23rd, 2015 at 12:10am