Home Sweet Home

I finally got to come home yesterday after having to live on my parent's couch for 2 weeks due to an accident I got into at work in the beginning of the month, resulting in some first and second degree burns on my arms and legs. The healing process was very long and annoying, and it's still not completely healed yet, but I finally feel like I'm at the point where I can be independent and not have to worry about anything going wrong. I can't even begin to explain how much I've missed being home and having a life again and a car, not to mention being able to sleep in my comfy, full size memory foam bed instead of a couch that gave me nothing but back problems for the last 2 weeks or a hospital bed I could hardly move in. I got to go out to one of my favorite bars last night with 2 of my best friends and my best friend's sister, and it was just really nice (not to mention I'm friends with the bartender and he likes buying me drinks).

Today I scrubbed (well, am scrubbing) my entire apartment down, since it clearly wasn't being done while I was gone because my roommates are dirty and don't care if the apartment is livable. -_- All I have to do now is wait for my roommate to get up (he generally sleeps until 3 or 4 pm...and he lives on the couch) so I can vacuum and clean out the fridge.

I can't wait to get back to work, I'm sick of sitting around with nothing to do and being broke. Here's to hoping I get put on next week's schedule!
June 24th, 2015 at 09:53pm