Shirts.

The status was: "You're all 15 so please wear shirts in the pictures you post online."

And I had three young girls all confront me, like a flock of pigeons, accusing that status to be personally about them.

Now look, if the shoe fits wear it BUT the point of this isn't them.

It's about the lack of clothing that young girls are not only wearing out, but flaunting online. It's theoretically "Against the rules of Facebook" to even have an account so young but then to post nearly naked photos on top of it? And no one bats an eye? Back in the 90s stuff like that would have been considered child pornography, or at least as an indicator of where such vulgar things might be. And now no one even blinks at it. It's become as common as a gun shot wound.

Young children, children as a rule, are NOT adults and for some reason everyone forgets that. Everyone forgets that these little humans are minors, in the eyes of the law, constantly. They're 12 and 13 and 14 and 15, they shouldn't be out partying, drinking, doing drugs, or gallivanting around half naked-- least of all posting their antics online. They're. Wait for it. Children. Some of them are young enough that they can't even legally hold a job or drive, most of them don't have their drivers license.

Should girls not have to worry about shirts the way boys do? Of course, but until that day is HERE in the flesh there's no reason for such a young child to post nearly naked photos of themselves online, let alone to wear it out and around.
June 25th, 2015 at 04:00am