Hold on Tight, This Ride Is a Wild One | Bucket List

Now Playing: Missing You - All Time Low

I could've sworn it was March like...yesterday. This year is already half way over and I feel like I haven't accomplished anything. It seems like all of my friends are getting their lives together and then there's me, stuck at the same job I've been working for 4 years with no real advancement opportunities, living in an apartment with 3 (soon to be 2) other people, barely making rent. I just want to go to culinary school and travel the world, cooking and tasting delicious food, without having to worry about whether or not I'll be able to afford to live comfortably.

At the same time, I feel like I'm more accomplished with my goals in life than some people tend to be at the tender (old) age of 23. I have a career path that doesn't necessarily need school, but will make me more money if I do go to school, which is something a lot of my friends can't say for themselves. I just desperately feel the need for advancement, for something more in my life, something better. It's been one bad thing after another for the past few weeks, but it has to get worse before it gets better, right?

While I was procrastinating finishing the update I posted today, I decided that it would be fun to make a bucket list of things I have to do, no ifs, ands, or buts about it:

- Buy, raise, and own a domesticated red fox, name to be determined
- Visit all 50 states at least once, 45 remaining
- See each of these bands in concert at least once (this list will most likely grow):
- 30 Seconds to Mars
- Green Day
- Muse
- Own a house
- Get Married
- Either own or manage a restaurant
- This one isn't a must, but if I ever got to meet Gordon Ramsey, that would be cool as hell.


I'm really upset that I'm not going to see Walk the Moon and Misterwives at Summerfest on Saturday, and I'm not sure if I'm going to see Brand New on Wednesday, but if both fall through, I know that I have Warped Tour in Chicago exactly one month from today, where I'm going to be seeing Simple Plan for the first time since I started listening to them 13 years ago, and I'm going to Riot Fest, where I'll be seeing The Academy Is... at their reunion show for their 10 year anniversary of their first album, Almost Here. TAI... was the first band to speak to me as much as they did/do, and they'll always have a place in my heart.

Writing Goals:
- FINALLY finish my update for Coffee and Cigarettes
- Start on my one shots for the Music is My Muse contest
- Start and finish my entry for the 30 Song Contest
- Speed up the plot in Shiver just a hair so it stops dragging
June 26th, 2015 at 05:33am