Best 3 Weeks of My Life?

Its safe to say the past 3 weeks have been the funnest, best 3 weeks of my life, and it is no coincidence that I am single. In comparison I could have been still in a rubbish relationship with awful sex and stuck in disney for 10 nights frustrated out my head, instead Ive had the best time of my life with some incredible people who I am proud to call my friends.

I managed to get 2 and a half weeks off work, however the concert in Manchester fell on my last day at work before the holiday, so I had to pull a sicky and my boss didnt mind at all.
The Courteeners are a band that ive slowly fell in love with over time, Liam Fray is the lead singer and backed out of Management at Uni to take up creative writing, only to back out of that to become a singer and form the band. I love the band for so many reasons, hes just a normal guy and hes writing songs that have better lyrics and more meaningful lyrics than any other stuff ive ever listened to, its incredible to think he began all of this in his garage and he sold out 25,000 heaton park tickets in around 20 minutes.

I drove down to Preston on the Saturday morning, I stayed with James and Harry and then in the afternoon we started drinking and got the train into Manchester, then we got the tram to Heaton Park. The atmosphere was crazy, I was at a happy drunk level which was good seeing as I had been up since 5am, we got there quite early in time for the support acts, Peace, Blossoms and Bipolar Sunshine. Liam and the band came on after and the crowd went insane, we had a good view and James was on my shoulders for 2 songs. After that we got the bus back to manchster and the coach back to preston, we got in at around 4am... It was SUCH a good gig, the best ive been to! It was such a good couple of days with such a good couple of mates, I know Harry is struggling in his relationship and he always comes to me for advice because of all the stuff Ive been through in the past years, and James hasnt had the best of pasts but I wont talk about that on here. It was good for all of us to chill out, have so many laughs and enjoy such an incredible gig, it was the best night in a very very long time.

After that we had a day to relax, we stayed in and I ordered a chinese for the guys as thanks for letting me stay and we watched the football. The next day I drove us all down to Devon.

I opened the door and walked straight into the lounge and to see my dads face and smile that day is something I will never forget, he was almost crying in happiness because I know how much he misses me. I was truly very happy for the first time in a very long time and he could see it and he told me and we hugged and we were both happy, it was nice.

I had a couple of days with seeing close friends, Tasmin, Jamie T, James, Jack, Alex and Jordan, before I was off to Magaluf.

I once again booked everything and drove us all to the airport, the holiday got off to a great start as I subconsciously managed to turn off both alarms I had set at 4am... Next thing I know I had Jamie in his car beeping and James with his dog at my door... Luckily we still had so much time to spare and we made it to Bournemouth airport with around 2 hours to spare.
We got to Maga and we were told we were upgraded to one of the best hotels on the island, it was amazing, we had a pool side view with a mountain view to the left of us, we had unlimited alcohol and unlimited drinks, and it was good food and drinks aswell.
To be honest, I was drunk the entire time, I cant remember doing any drugs but it wouldnt have surprised me. We went out every night ofcourse and got absolutely Ian Bealed every single night, we would wake up, eat, and continue to drink. I have never laughed so much in my entire life, I have never seen some of the things I saw before, it was so weird, it was so unexpected, the holiday was absolutely out of this world. We went to the pulling capital of the world however and only I managed to at least get with someone in a club. That night was insane, the best night out Ive ever had by a country mile.

We started off drinking in our apartment blasting out tunes from the speaker I took with us, from The Stone Roses to The Courteneers to Omi, it was amazing, then we went off to the strip to have a few drinks in some of the bars and then headed to Office. I was in a vest and swimming trunks and as soon as we got into Office it was roasting, so as you can imagine off came my vest, I have a good body and I am never afraid to show it off... We were in there for 6 hours, from 11pm to 5am and I was dancing all night in just some small swimming trunks, I got with a few girls and it was amazing, such a good night, a crazy night, the walk home was crazy aswell and we didnt get back until 7am and didnt wake up until 3pm, it was amazing.

On the 4th day I had a horrible comedown, whether it be from drugs or just all the alcohol, I was in the hotel room on my own and I felt awful, I wanted life to end, I wanted to cry, later on that day I was sick multiple times and was crying my eyes out... Ive had bad hangovers before but nothing like that, it was something that I cant explain how I felt, it was awful.

The last day I decided not to drink as our return flight home was at 6am, meaning I had to drive home at around 8am... The guys went out and didnt sleep at all whilst I stayed in the hotel room to try and sleep and sober up, we got our taxi at 4am and then got on to the flight, we arrived in Bournemouth and both Jamie and James were dying, with no sleep and a lot of alcohol in their systems they were struggling so once again I had to be the daddy of the holiday.
We got into the car and very slowly made our way back to Torquay, I think we stopped around 4 times and over 100 miles thats a lot of times to stop seeing as though on the way to Bournemouth we didnt stop once. I was tired and slightly still hungover so I wanted to take things slow and steady. We got home and chilled for a bit, they went back to their homes almost straight away.

I chilled in with my Dad for about 1 hour before going back off to the pub to see Alex, Jordan and Jack, and yes, you guessed it, I started drinking again... I had one pint and I was so drunk, the amount of alcohol that was in my system throughout that week must have been ridiculous. Alex, Jack and another one of my friends were off to Zante the next day (none of them pulled so I managed to win the pulling award), I didnt see them before I left which I was sad about.

Other than that I kept myself busy whilst I was back home, I saw my grandparents, I took my Dad out for lunch, I took Tasmin out for dinner, I saw Josh play a couple gigs, I had a couple good nights out, I had an incredible time at Rosies party with all the lads, and then at the beer festival with all my old school pals, I got with a couple girls in the nightclubs, it was a very fun couple of weeks. It was incredible.

Sometimes in life you have to take the leash off yourself and just enjoy yourself, let you be you and have fun, have a laugh, forget what people think about you and forget about all the bad in your life and just try and have a good time, and thats what ive been doing and I think its paying off. I feel happy, I feel strong, I feel like im growing mentally and its all very very good for me at the moment.
Jacks coming up in 3 weeks to stay for 8 days and we are off to T in the Park in that time and we are already dead excited about that, aswell as my football team touring Scotland, its going to be an amazing 10 days and I cant wait to see him. We are very similar in almost everything we do, we both do the same course, we both like the same music, we both have the same humour, we both kind of look similar, and as a mate I love him to bits.

Thats about it for now I guess, things are going well, I passed all my exams with As and Bs, so things are good. My sleep is getting strange though, the past week or so I havent been sleeping right at all, Ive been having constant dreams about random people. Last night I dreamt about my first girlfriend Jodie, which is weird, because now today I kinda miss her, in comparison to Amy she was a million miles ahead in terms of a better girlfriend, in literally every single aspect, so Im glad we still keep in contact.
Other than that my health is good, Im hitting the gym as often as I can and Im currently sat at work with my body aching like a sack of spuds.
June 28th, 2015 at 10:16am