I Don't Want to Be Heard, I Want to Be Listened To | Festivals Everywhere!

Now Playing: Forest - Twenty One Pilots

Summertime in Wisconsin is festival time in Wisconsin, where you can find at least one festival going on every weekend for anything from strawberries to beer to fish. Every single culture or heritage you can think of, there's a festival for it (Irish Fest is by far the most entertaining, so many men in kilts playing the bagpipes!). And of course, there's the world's largest music festival, Summerfest. 11 days of music, 9 main stages, more music than you can possibly wrap your head around. Basically, it's my favorite place to be during the summer, aside from Warped Tour. Sadly, I don't think I'm going to be attending Summerfest this year due to my money shortage from my work accident.

However, I did attend 2 festivals yesterday. Strawberry Fest, a festival dedicated to everything strawberry. Naturally, I consumed everything strawberry that I could get my hands on, including an entire bottle of strawberry blush wine from the local winery. SO GOOD. A lot more alcohol was consumed throughout the day, and copious amounts of fried fair food: mac n cheese pizza, funnel cake, cheese curds, those roasted cinnamon cashews that are like crack.

After we came back home to recooperate for a bit (and drink another bottle of wine), we headed out to our second destination. One of my good friend's family runs a slew of blues festivals throughout the summer, and this was their first major one of the year. Numerous blues acts from around the country come up and perform, and it always reminds me how much I love blues music and how much blues music shaped today's popular music genres. They shot off fireworks at dusk, and then we all went to our friend's house for a bonfire.

I hadn't been out of the house for that long since I got hurt, and it was really nice to see people I hadn't seen in a month or more, and it was nice to hear them ask how I was doing and how glad they are that I'm feeling better and that I'm out of the house. I got my first tan of the summer, at least I think I did (I see tan lines on my boobs and shoulders, so that's proof enough for me).

Also:
Image
June 28th, 2015 at 07:00pm