Opinions, Mibba? -Short Rant

Hiya, Mibba, how are you? Good, I hope?

I'm doing good, well, right now I'm rather inspired and hopeful: I have a new idea and I'm hoping to get a lot of people onboard for it. Participation is key.

I had a pretty lengthy conversation today regarding how far some people take their admiration of the musicians they enjoy and look up to, and we discussed how fans can get a little rediculous at certain points, and I concluded, that for me, at least, it should be about respect, and nothing else, but this is mostly besides the point of what my idea is; I'm only trying to show where I'm coming from with this.

I think it is safe to assume that all of us here on Mibba, as writers, have at one point, written a letter, if not several. I was scouring the stories section for a specific search, and I came across a letter a Mibbian wrote to a favorite musician of theirs, and it gave me an idea to get something going. We all have favorite musicians, all from different genres and nationalities, and we all have something that, should we ever meet them, we'd have something to say, something to maybe thank them for. There are hundreds of stories about musicians, and I think it'd be nice to see something that very straightforwardly shows admiration and respect for them. Basicslly, it'd be site wide, open thing where Mibbians write a letter(s) to a favorite musician (s).

Now, I'm not sure if something like this has been done, or not, but I think its a cool idea, and I'm curious, if there is not already something like this and I'm just not aware of it, who would be interested? Whoever wanted to post would be added as an author, and if someone wanted to post anonomously for whatever reason, I could post for them. It would need a couple of contacts for people interested, just in case a user is not able to contact a person to add them as an author, and Mibba's guidelines for writing would obviously apply.

My only rule would be for people to keep it strictly geared towards music, and not attractiveness. The letters would have to be meaningful, people could post multiple times, and the letter could be any length so long as it meets Mibba's guidelines.

What do you guys think? Would you be interested?

I think it would be cool.

--

I saw dozens of posts a couple months back about how Mibba has been dead; I don't think Mibbaland is dead at all, I see plenty of activity on here, but I am disappointed with the lack of feedback for aot of things. I tried to sign up for an open contest a while back, and never received a reply. I posted a blog concerning the topic above last night, and received no reply. Honestly, I find that a bit irritating. I find it annoying that when you post something in order to read it, you get nothing back.

It's just frustrating.

On a completely different subject, I got a book on the history of Heavy Metal and a Sons of Anarchy T-shirt, so fuck yeah! I'm pretty content. :D

~Breanna
June 29th, 2015 at 05:41am