Vampire Story Soundtrack Ideas

I'm sure I'm not the only person in the world that listens to certain playlists when writing certain stories. I have one playlist on my spotify for stories that have a darker theme. Mainly I use the playlist for my stories Bloody Mary, Reap and Barton Hollow. Yep some shameless promotion right there. Sure Reap and Barton Hollow aren't vampire stories but Bloody Mary is very much a vampire story among other things.

Anyway this is a blog to suggest some songs with a darker theme to help keep you inspired. So let's start the list shall we?

Desire by Meg Myers- this song has become a new favorite of mine. It really gives me inspiration to work on Bloody Mary and even my other vampire story, Penance (yep more shameless promotion)

Bones by Ms Mr- this song has a special place in my heart. It's the the song for the unseen story trailer for Reap. It's unseen only because I didn't upload it before packing up my desktop.

Ready or Not (I'm Coming) by Oomph!- this is one of the few Oomph songs I use as inspiration. It gives you that holy crap someone is after me feeling. I love it.

Labyrinth by Oomph!- go on spotify for the Oomph version because youtube doesn't have the song in English and I honestly don't know how many of you are fluent in German. But I love this song. It's a fitting soundtrack for a vampire or any type of horror story.

The Slaughter Begins by Walls of Jericho- again this song just works.

Crazy in Love by Sofia Karlberg-yes this is a beyonce cover but it fits with vampires and how they can make someone need them. Idk, it just works.

and finally

Everybody Wants to Rule the World covered by Lorde- yes another cover song but I love Lorde's cover it's very different from the original which is happy-go-lucky. I first heard her cover in the trailer for Dracula Untold, which is probably why I make the association.

I could go on and on with music but I don't want to waste any more time. I'm going to go work on a story, most likely Bloody Mary because I've been listening to Desire by Meg Myers and it's really put me in the mood for the story. so yea.

If you want me to do another blog, let me know. peace!

-Steffanee.
July 1st, 2015 at 04:42am