And the Bully Ran out of Comebacks

And Clearturquoise lived happily ever after.

So once upon a time in my third year of secondary school, I was bullied on Facebook. But hey, let's not make this a sob story, there are millions of other stories like mine and some have had it worse than me. And anyway i'm long over it and ready to write a post highlighting how bullies are: Undereducated, lame, and just plain stupid., and going to tell you how I confronted my bully. This is quite a long story so i'm just going to tell you the main points.

My bully was, for the sake of the internet, let's just call her Polly. I was in the same class as this girl called (let's call her) Mandy. (she also bullied me later on) Mandy and Polly were sisters. I was very nice to both Mandy and Polly and knew her and have spoken to her a handful of times. Mandy hated me and probably told Polly some really bad things about me because after she joined our school, she began to give me dirty looks.

Me, (who was friendly and naive) drew a cartoonised cute picture of everyone I knew who was my age, and posted it on Facebook. I did this because other i've seen other people do the same so I gave it a go. In under 24 hours I got a message from Polly, who was unreasonably outraged about my adorable drawing of her and her sister, so she made sure I knew about it. ''WHY THE F*** DID YOU DRAW ME AND MANDY YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW US'' she fumed. The following conversation was real (and i'll do my best to remember it)

Polly: why did you draw us wtf is wrong wit you????
Me: what? the drawing I posted?
Polly: omg you're not normal, stupid
Polly: ew you don't know us, freak
Me: Sure you're smart behind your computer screen, but you're not brave enough to say it to my face huh?
*Seen*
*Polly has left the conversation*

Clearly. OWNED!! This almost made me laugh the night I saw her run away from confrontation, and still makes me laugh til today. Now Polly was obviously one of the ''Just plain stupid'' type of bullies. Not only did she not think things through, she also ran away as soon as I said those magic words. It was truly an amazing feeling giving her the enlightenment of her cowardice. Now I know this type of confrontation won't work in everyones situation but it might be enough to stop an online bully.
July 1st, 2015 at 03:41pm