Comment Swap!

I know, I know, this blog title must exist everywhere. There are people lurking around every corner, offering sweet promises of that little thing all authors crave: comments.

Yes, I also know that I am promising the same thing, but I would also like to say that what I am offering is going to be a little different. So, if you're still with me (and yes, it's fine to admit it if you considered just clicking out of this before I got this far. I'm proud you're still here), then listen closely!

I know many of us on mibba crave comments simply because it lets us know that people are actually reading our work, because we love the support of our readers, and other, similar reasons. I know I do. But comments should also serve another purpose. They should help us better our writing, and that does not seem to happen very often.

So what I offer in this comment swap is complete honesty without the fear of seeming as if you might possibly seem 'mean' or risking that you'll hurt someone's feelings or make them mad at you.

I have written a short story, The Transition, and if you join this comment swap, I want complete honesty. If you leave me a story of yours to read, I want you to know that you can expect complete honesty from me as well.

Now, what I'm about to say here is only a favor I ask, but I ask all the same. If you decide to participate, I would be eternally grateful if you would look at a couple of things while reading and tell me what you think about them. Things like... how you like my writing style, my vocabulary, how interested you were, etc.

However, there is one big question I would love to have answered. I want to know if my story made you feel something. If it sparked emotion in you whatsoever.

Anyway, there is my proposal, and I'm hoping at least a couple of mibbians will take it! I hope to hear back from at least a few of you ^-^

Now, I have one other thing I want to start doing. I think I want to start a weekly thing in my blog where I read and recommend stories to mibbians. I'll go out and try to find stories myself, but if you have a recommendation for me, I would love to hear it!

Anyway, here's how I'm thinking it's going to go. Every week, I will choose some sort of category, and I will give you guys a list of five stories on mibba in that category, complete with synopsis and my personal opinion of it. Whether you read it or not is up to you.

I'll announce the category I'm going with ahead of time, so you guys can know what sort of stories to suggest. Also, if you want to suggest a category at any time, please feel completely free. I will definitely not turn down the help with that.

Now, for the first category... I think I'm going to go with completed, chaptered stories.

Anywho, that's it for this blog. Thanks for reading guys, and I really hope to get some comments for the comment swap on here!
July 2nd, 2015 at 03:23am