Seeing Say Anything for the Third Time in a Year + Updates/Other Crap

Can you tell Say Anything is my favorite band? Haha.

Anyways, last night was huge! And there was so much stuff and I just felt like telling about it, and I figured I haven’t posted a blog here in a while despite meaning to, so I figured I’d kill a few birds with one stone.

So Say Anything announced their current tour a few months ago, and there were two huge reasons why me and my boyfriend absolutely had to go – for starters, they actually came to Jacksonville, our hometown so we wouldn’t have to go all the way to Orlando just to see ‘em! And they’re touring with Modern Baseball, another band we totally love.

We got to the venue about an hour early and there was hardly anyone there, but the tour buses were parked in front of the place, so we kept seeing random people go back and forth. The only person we both recognized was Brendan from Modern Baseball (who actually walked directly past us on the way to the bathroom once we were let in the venue, but we were too starstruck to do anything lmao), and Parker from Say Anything was there too! Maybe I’m sheltered (well…yeah, I am) but it’s one thing to see a band in real life onstage, but seeing them just doing whatever else is strange in a good way.

So the venue (Underbelly) was tiny, but it was still an awesome show! Cymbals Eat Guitars and Hard Girls (the other bands playing) were great, and Modern Baseball was incredible of course. And I learned my lesson from the last Say Anything show I was at last November, so when they were setting up, I stayed off to the side while my boyfriend stayed in the middle – I didn’t wanna get trampled again haha.

Long story short, Say Anything was fuckin’ awesome as usual, although their setlist was a little odd in my opinion. I choked up a little bit when they played “Woe,” just ‘cause the lyrics for that song are some of my favorites of all time, but they didn’t do “Alive With the Glory of Love.” (Which I understand, actually – that’s their biggest hit I think, and I’d get it if they’re sick of playing it.) A couple of dudes behind me kept screaming “WALK THROUGH HELL!!!!” before the encore, but they just ended up doing “Nibble Nibble” and “Ahh, Men” – weird song choices, but I wasn’t complaining.

Well, my feet were complaining, but I wasn’t.

And OH MAN, we walked right past Max fucking Bemis on the way out of the venue! He was standing in front of his bus talking to some people and it didn't dawn on me until we were across the street, and I slapped my boyfriend's shoulder and said, "Dude, that's fuckin' Max Bemis!" But it was a little late to turn back, and plus I don't know what I'd say to him! I'm horrible with words in the first place, but meeting a celebrity?! I'm just cool with the fact that I saw them all on stage!

Anyways, it feels nice to have a Say Anything tour t-shirt that actually has my hometown listed as a date. :’)

-----

So I haven’t been writing a whole lot lately, haha. Uh, I haven’t had a whole lot of time I guess. I’m workin’ at Burger King right now and boy howdy, is it different from Subway, but it’s exciting. And I’m still outlining Born Lucky, the story I keep mentioning in like every other blog, but it’s a slow process. I rewrote what I had so far in a different point of view, and now it’s much better – but it’s still a matter of writing. -____-

One weird thing that’s going on right now is that I’m in the (slow) process of making Who Knows, Who Cares into a comic-type thingy! I dunno if it’s gonna be a webcomic or whatever (probs a webcomic because I have no idea how to go about selling a graphic novel…or if anyone would be interested), but I’m about a third of the way through the actual story itself. Then I have to scan and color every page…UGH. I keep telling myself it’ll be worth it.

Welp, here’s a teaser I guess!

Image

Image

-----

The “Other Crap” part of this blog is gonna just end up being a doodle dump, heh heh. Well, here goes nothin’.

Image

This is the protagonist to Born Lucky, Summer Hayashi. She’s nothin’ but good luck and flip flops. ;D

Image

This is like the only real “art piece” I was able to do all throughout this past semester of college! I’m home for the summer right now, but those past few months were totally nuts, man. This is Julian from Who Knows, Who Cares doing absolutely nothing related to that story itself. Just wanted to draw something happy. :)

Image

I don’t have much to say about these. They’re literally just random doodles and testing out a new Photoshop brush, haha.

Anyways, I hope you all have a great night! :D

Image
July 3rd, 2015 at 01:21am