Relationship Rant!

Okay so today was not only 4th of July but it was also my baby cousin's 3rd birthday. So like another American, we had a little get together to celebrate 'Murica and my baby cousin. While we were waiting on the cake, my cousin's husband wouldn't let go of the fact I'm single. He thinks I'm hiding a guy (or maybe a girl) and I'm keeping this relationship a secret from my mom. I told him straight up I don't have the time for a boyfriend. Sometimes I don't get home til 8 at night due to the bus and the fact sometimes I don't get out of class til late. Want to know what he said to that? If you had a boyfriend he'd drop you off at the front door instead of having to take the bus.

Yea, he seriously said that.

First of all, I don't need a man. I'm perfectly capable of getting from my school to my house. Yes I complain about the bus all the fucking time but I'm capable of taking it. I don't need a guy to drive me places or anything. I'm fine being alone. I don't need to be in a relationship to make myself feel complete. I don't need to rely on someone.

The guy wouldn't let this go. And it pissed me off so fucking much. But of course I didn't say anything because it would have made a scene at my cousin's birthday party.

Seriously, ladies and gents, you don't need a man or a woman in yourself for it to be complete. That's the point of this blog if it wasn't apparent.

I am single. I'm not going to settle down until I feel ready. And you know what? I'm fine with that. Don't ever let someone tell you that you need someone for your life to be fulfilled. If you want to be alone with your cats and dogs, awesome. Do it! Don't ever force yourself into a relationship because of other people. That's the worst thing you can do not only for yourself but also for the person you could possibly be hurting...
July 5th, 2015 at 04:59am