Katie Is Engaged?!

Well, I'd say it's about time I finally make a blog about this, since it was over a month ago, but better late than never!

To celebrate a successful first year of teaching, my boyfriend (Brendan) surprised me with a 10 day vacation to Disney World/Universal Studios in May. It was probably, quite honestly, the best 10 days of my life.

And on May 17, 2015, Brendan asked me to marry him while we were at Magic Kingdom! It was so cliche and perfect and wonderful and romantic and the best moment of my entire life. I (obviously) cried like a little baby, but hey, that's just who I am as a person.

So, here goes my little proposal story. We had fast passes for Space Mountain at noon that we were waiting for, so Brendan said we should grab an ice cream and take a break in the meantime. We grabbed a Dole Whip float (delicious) and ate it while we walked over to Tomorrowland. It was mostly eaten/melted by the time we got to the castle, so we pitched it.

Anyway, we had this running joke where we would ask where George was (because Tomorrowland was coming out the next week so George Clooney was there.. get it.. we're funny people), so Brendan suggested that I take a picture in front of the castle and tweet it to George Clooney asking where he was. Now that I think about it, I'm not even totally convinced that George Clooney has a Twitter.

Brendan pulled out his phone, I stood in front of the castle, he "took the picture". He then said something along the lines of "oh wow, this is a great photo" or some nonsense like that and then held it up to show it to me.

When I looked at his phone, there was no picture. Instead, there was a picture of everyone in my ENTIRE family and they were holding up a banner that said "Just Say Yes". I was confused, obviously, and when I looked up from his phone, he was down on one knee, holding out the ring, shaking uncontrollably and telling me how much he loved me.

It was the most perfect moment of my entire life. I feel like it is a much better story than I'm telling, I swear.

And I had to take a cliche picture in front of the cliche castle to wrap up the most cliche moment of my cliche life, so here it is.

Image


I AM GETTING MARRIED!!
July 5th, 2015 at 07:56pm