Sometimes I Question Why I'm Friends With Certain People

Song at the Moment: "Home Sweet Hole" by Bring Me the Horizon

I have to take a fucking shit. Why am I blogging right now? Grr.

Anyway.

As the title suggests, some drama happened today that, quite frankly, pissed me the fuck off.

Not even a week ago, I suggested that me and three of my friends (J, A, and K) should do something cool together before we set off for college. I suggested August because that way it's after my graduation party and I'll have some money to spend (I have to use it for college stuff and plus I don't want to ask my parents for more money) and it's after all of my friends' big events they have planned. J and A were down but K made a big deal about it being "too late" so she suggested we go to Six Flags Great America sometime from July 10-20. I told her in great deal why I can't do something so expensive that soon. Tickets are $60 per person. I only get $30 a week from my dad's pocket and sometimes he doesn't even give it to me because I feel like a brat if I remind him. I also have other priorities I need to use the money for. So saving up $60 actually takes a while for me (let me mention that I also don't have a job). And I know there's that whole "Bring an empty can of coke and get $15 off!" but nobody in my family drinks coke so we would be wasting more money we don't have if we bought a case of coke just for that. Also, my graduation party is after that so I wouldn't have money in time.

K suggested I just used some of the $200 I saved up for my new phone that I get in August and just use the graduation money I'll get from my party. I said no. It took almost a year for me to save that up and I'm not going to risk ruining it. Also, I need my graduation money for college necessities. Priorities, y'all.

K brought up Six Flags again today and suggested we go the 21st. I was the first to respond by saying I may be busy that day because my dad is going to try to get me Breaking Benjamin tickets as a graduation present and the concert's that day. Then she changed it to the 20th.

Me: "I want to go, but we discussed my money issues."

K: "That's why I'm giving you over two weeks notice so you can start saving up."

When I told her I have other priorities with my money, she suddenly assumed I don't want to go and I promised to try saving up but no promises that it would work out.

K's response? She disinvited me and said, "Fine. Me, J, and A will just find somebody else."

Like are you fucking me? How rude can you be?

K: "That's plenty of notice and if you wanna go then you'll save up the money and buy a ticket."

It wasn't even a week ago that I told this girl why money is a huge deal for me. It was literally Thursday I explained this to her.

Me: "That's not really plenty of notice for someone with my money situation but okay. Fine."

K: "You said you get an allowance. I'm not gonna plan a month ahead. You don't have to go if you don't want. I was just asking."

Honestly, considering how fucking expensive one ticket for Six Flags is and how big of a deal that place is, I'm surprise she wouldn't plan a month ahead. When I went to Six Flags in the past everyone always had a two months notice. Also, I told this girl I wanted to go. C'mon now.

Then I continued to explain (again) that I get $30 a week so yes, if I do absolutely nothing and ignore all my other responsibilities that are more important than an amusement park, I will have enough for the ticket but that's it. Just the ticket. I won't be able to eat or do the other things we had planned between now and then. I also reminded her that we had this discussion the other day.

K: "Your parents won't give you money for the ticket?"

Um. Considering our gas was just turned off for two weeks because they couldn't pay the bill in time, we're on a mortgage plan so we don't get evicted from our house, we have an animal to take care of, I have shit to buy for college, they have food to buy, other bills to pay, and my dad just bought me season college football tickets that were $168, no, they won't spend more money they don't have on Six Flags tickets. And I'm not gonna make myself out to be a spoiled brat by asking. I get $30 a week and that's it. I treat it like it's a paycheck from a job.

I was able to get her to move the date back to at least the 27th. I asked my parents if I could go and they said, "We'll see" so that's what I told K.

K: "Even if you save up your own money?"

Me: "Yeah."

K: "Wow. Your parents are the worst."

Yes. My parents are the worst parents on the planet because they said "We'll see" to letting me - their daughter who is still under 18 - go to Six Flags - which is quite a distance away from where we live - alone with only three people, all of which just turned 18. Even if I save up money that's technically theirs since it's coming from their jobs and not mine. Worst. Parents. Ever. They're ruining my fucking life.

/end sarcasm.

Now she keeps asking me when i'll know for sure even though my answer every time is "When they're not stressed out and I can bring it up again".

Honestly, what the fuck am I doing? K knows my financial situation. She knows all this shit that I just explained above. She knows my family's income is only $20,000. She knows I really can't afford to just go out to big, expensive places like Six Flags whenever I want. She knows I can't even afford to buy clothes. Usually when I tell people "We'll see if I can do blah blah blah because of money problems" they say "alright" and move on. They respect my parents for saying, "We'll see". I've never had someone act the way K did and then call my parents "the worst". Why would she call my parents the worst? They didn't even say no! Fucking first world problems.

To my knowledge, K's parents actually make a lot of money (just one alone makes over $100,000) and K herself has a job. It annoys me when she acts like just because she can afford something, suddenly everyone else can.

I told my dad about this and now he's offering to pay for the ticket. I'm feeling so bad because he already paid $168 for my season college football tickets and he's planning on buying two Breaking Benjamin tickets that are $70 total. I don't want him using any more money on me.

Now J just brought up she can't go the 27th because of money issues as well and K is pestering her about it. Dear Lord. What the fuck.

And A just asked how we would get there and K said, "You'll drive us." Child. A can only use the car when his dad is off of work which is once a week and that one day is not the day you picked out. OMG.

I think I'm gonna go now. This has honestly pissed me off so much and I don't even know why. Thanks for reading if you made it this far.

Ciao a tutti!

Song at the Moment: "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction" by The Rolling Stones
July 6th, 2015 at 05:22am