Opinions - Can I Get Some Help?

I don't usually do this, but considering I don't have the layout properly fixed, I'm gonna drop you guys my the summary for my new story Pretend and I'd love to know what you guys think.

You know, it's funny; all these government officials and the like, they put so much pressure on young adults. There's people in every which direction telling them so much contradicting bullshit, its no wonder there's a such a rise in mental illness: the stress of having to have your life all figured out when it's barely begun? Yeah, that alone is enough to make drive anyone insane...

Now, when it came to us, we thought we were blessed. We've known our whole lives what we were gonna be: you don't choose music, music chooses you.

So, we always just sat back and laughed, had fun. We were carefree, because we had all our shit together, we had a plan, right?

Right...?


So, this is it. Original fiction about a completely fictional band. All the lyrics are original (written by me), characters, everything is of my own creation.

This is actually one of my favorite summaries that I've come up with. It's a bit longer than what most people may like in a summary, but I won't change it. Right out, it introduces a relatable topic and references strongly to the overall theme, and catches attention. This story intertwines a lot of more serious topics in a very different medium than what most will see, and hails on the more chaotic side kf the 90s rock music scene. It was inspired by quite a few things, and it all twists together with some romance and creepy shit. What's not to love? xD

But planning the more particular points of the story, events that put it in motion and such, have been a royal PAIN IN THE ASS.

For whatever reason (I have my suspicions as to why) I haven't been formulating and writing story ideas like I normally do. I have a general idea, but other then that I'm a fish in a damn barrel. The story is just sitting in my mind and my creativity is poking the fuck along and it's infuriating, so, I'm asking, would anyone be up to helping me plan some of this out a bit more, or at the very least, help me come up with a good start, 'cause I've got nothing right now. I need to get something rolling before I lose my mind.

I haven't even felt much like reading lately, which is unusual and I don't like it. I've got all this time to write, and I just can't come up with anything substantial. But I have this story and I'm gonna get it out of my because its driving me up the damn wall.

Seriously though Mibbaland, can I get some help? I would very much appreciate it, you'd most certainly get credit, and I could probably find a way to pay you back for your help. I'm kind of limited right now, being on a phone, but I can figure out something.

This story is a little bit personal and I would hate for it to end as these characters stuck in my head, expressed only in chunks and scenes of what can be a much bigger picture...

So, help me out, maybe?

-Breanna.
July 10th, 2015 at 03:50am