Being an Adult and Moving Back Home

Hey guys, do you remember when you were like twelve and your parents probably still made you go to bed at a certain time and you were like "When I'm an adult I'm gonna do whatever the fuck I want."

Man, that's the life.

Suddenly, there's student loans and wearing adult clothes (Apparently I'm not allowed to wear Nike shorts and oversized t shirts to work?) and who the fuck decided that I had to deal with health insurance?

Harry Potter would never have had to deal with this bullshit.

But ALSO guess what. I'm moving BACK IN WITH MY PARENTS.

ppphhhhhhhssssssssssss.

I don't know if any of y'all sympathize with me, but it's rough. We grow up, we leave the nest to go to school, and for the most part it's with the intent of beginning our lives. I love my family, they are the best, but there are four years of amazing freedom of just being on your own before coming home. Suddenly you don't know what the rules are.

Do I still tell my parents when I'm gonna be out? Should I come back at a certain time, should I tell them how long I'm gonna be out for? Do they even care?

But I think the scariest thing is that I might get comfortable. Like I'll go to sleep and wake up five years from now still living at home with no further ambitions.

It's weird to be an adult, but also not be at the same time. Like I can do my own taxes, but financial independence is still a struggle.

I guess last thing is, for those who are still in school, or aiming for it. Don't take this as "oh my god, I'm gonna go to school and not be able to get a job and I'm gonna be broke with debt and what's the point."

Get yours. Get your education, because everything is a stepping stone to a better future. Do it for mother.
July 10th, 2015 at 05:31am