Stay Safe, Stay Strong.

On July 10th, 2007, an album was released that would define me as a person and be one of the reasons why I'm still here today.

Image

8 years ago, a band called Mayday Parade released their first full length album, A Lesson in Romantics. 8 years ago, I fell in love with that band and to this day, there hasn't been a band who has impacted me as much as they have.

The 5 guys who make up Mayday Parade: Derek Sanders, Jake Bundrick, Brooks Betts, Jeremy Lenzo, and Alex Garcia, are the 5 best things that could've walked into my life when they did. I've traveled across the country for them, supported them in everything they've accomplished, and in return, they've done nothing but support me and be the best human beings that I've had the pleasure of meeting.

Image

I know that bands don't directly save your life, but Mayday Parade was there, and still continues to be here, to remind me that I'm important, that I have a purpose, and that to never give up.

Jake Bundrick, their drummer and background vocals, has helped me the most in keeping those things in mind; he's my rock, and I owe everything to him.

Image

I'm so excited to see them again in September after not having seen them for over a year since they've been finishing up their new album, and I absolutely cannot wait until they release said new album. They just recorded a music video for a new song, and I'm hoping it's released in the very near future.

These are my heroes, always and forever. :)

July 10th, 2015 at 06:14pm