Jack

Hi, again. It's 6 AM on July 16, 2016. So, it's been couple of years (holy crap!) since my last (first) blog post, but, I thought I would try again. This one is dedicated to my oh-so-wonderful, kind of a pain in my ass, boyfriend. I mentioned him briefly in my other post, but, I decided he needs much more than that. So, here goes...
My boyfriend's name is Jack, and we've been together for 2 and a half years. We met our junior year, started dating as seniors, and have been through quite a bit together, since then. We lived together, tried college together, left together, jobhunted together, got an apartment together, dealt with all kinds of ups and downs and crazy people, and we're nowhere near finished. We talk about the future all the time, and are doing everything we can to bring it closer to us.
Ig you'll probably want to know how we started out, huh? Well, we met whenever he started going to the school I went to. He insists that he moved there half way through sophomore year, and that we became friends then, but, I don't think so. Trust me, I would remember a guy like him. If he did go to my school sophomore year, we weren't friends. I remember those things pretty well...Sorry, Jack. (:P) Anyway, when I met him, he was broken-hearted (for real, not like "my crush doesn't like me") over a pretty little girl who was stupid enough to dump him for another guy (who wasn't all that great. I'd known him since middle school...) Of course, for me, it was love at first sight. I fell in love with his eyes, and his hair, and his everything. But, being devastated as he was, he was blind to all of the (like 10!!) girls who all had (major) crushes on him. So, obviously, he had no clue how I felt. And, believe me, I was not being subtle. Not in the least. I mean, I wasn't telling him I loved him on a daily basis, but, I wasn't being my usual shy, quiet, hiding inside a thick shell self, either. And, I knew the state his heart was in, but, I couldn't help myself! He sings, he can draw, he's uber sweet, he's an all-around great guy, and his eyes, ohmygod, his eyes! And, he writes a bit (he has a Mibba) and is designing video games in his spare time. He's been doing that since he was a kid. And he's amazing. I mean, yeah, my opinion is biased, but, still. He has real talent. And I know that his dreams are going to come true. And I'm glad I get to be the one to see it all happen.
Anyway, after a couple of months, a sorta gave up on my pursuit of him, and became interested in someone else. Soon after that, Jack moved to another school, and I continued to date this other boy (who was also really great; that lasted a year). Jack and I chatted on FB, and became close. Senior year, he started coming to football games every other weekend (his parents are divorced, btw) and we would talk and hang out. I was now dating a different boy, and was really into him. However, after only about 2 weeks with this boy, Jack told me he was in love with me, and had been, for awhile. He even tried to kiss me!! (Un)fortunately, I turned away at the last second, purely by reflex, and then spent the next 2 hours comforting him, letting him know I wasn't mad, and assuring him I wouldn't tell my boyfriend. We were hanging out at Jack's dad's house on one of the weekends he came down. When I went home, I realized I had 2 weeks to make a choice: Stay with the boy I'd just started dating, or take a chance with Jack. Well, you can guess which one I chose, and we've been together, ever since.
I'm not nearly done here, but, I'm tired, and my eyes are sore. So, I'll make another post when I feel like it, and I'll continue from where I left off.
It is now 6:35 AM, and I'm calling it quits. So, good morning, and..... (insert catchphrase here)! :)
July 16th, 2015 at 01:37pm