Breed Specific Legislation (Dogs)

So, in a neighboring county of mine, there was a 6 year old boy that got killed by a Pitbull. The little boy was unsupervised by his parents, climbed over the fence into the Pitbulls yard and the Pitbull attacked him. Killed him on the head and neck. The Pitbull was shot and killed by police officers, and no charges have been filed.

The Pitbull had been adopted by the ASPCA, and they didn't see any aggressive behavior from the dog at all, hence why they adopted him out.

Now, in the neighboring county, they are making the ASPCA look over their guidelines and precautions to see how they tell if a dog is aggressive or not. That is fine, but now they are making it to where they will not let the Pitbulls or Pitbull Mixes go to the adoption agencies. They are eventually all going to get euthanized.

So, now that the event has occurred, my county is wanting to enforce BSL and to legislate ownership of Pitbulls and Pitbull Mixes. I love my Pit so much, and he is just a big baby.

I understand some Pitbulls attack randomly, but that is every dog. I know people who have been severely injured by Border Collies, Poodles, Chihuahuas, etc.

The Pitbull was brought up to be a Nanny Dog, Fighting dogs, and then hard labor working dogs. It makes me absolutely sick that the neighboring county is going to not let these dogs get adopted out, and possibly get killed.

Please sign this petition to not let BSL and Legislate ownership of the breed happen.

http://petitions.moveon.org/sign/no-bsl-in-mcdowell-county.fb48?source=s.icn.fb&r_by=13706581
July 18th, 2015 at 05:55pm