Interview | silent hearts.

1. How did you come with the username silent hearts?
It's actually kind of weird. I was looking to change my username and I was listening to the (new at the time) Of Mice and Men album, Restoring Force, and I totally thought I heard something about silent hearts and I really liked it and made it my username. There is no lyric on that album that says anything about silent hearts. So I don't really know how I came up with it, but I'm sticking with it!

2. When did you join Mibba?
I joined Mibba about two years ago, I think? Yeah, that sounds about right.

3. What do you love the most about Mibba?
Oh gosh. Definitely the community. I mean, there's nothing like knowing that there are people who are willing to talk to you and help you with your writing at any time. It's fantastic!

4. How often are you on Mibba?
Every day, at least once or twice.

5. How many stories have you written so far? And poems?
I currently have 46 stories posted on Mibba, but most of them are one-shots. As far as actual, chaptered stories go, I deleted most of mine a few months ago because they were all fan fictions that I didn't like anymore, so I only have four posted right now, and two of them are active.

Apparently I have 66 poems posted on Mibba?! That's actually really weird to think about. I would've thought it was way less than that. I used to write poetry a lot more than I do now.

6. How did you start writing?
I came to Mibba from alltimelowfanfiction, and decided that I wanted to start writing more. I actually only used to write poetry because writing wasn't that big of a part of my life. Due to the influence of Mibba and writing more in general, I have now decided to become an English teacher instead of a pharmaceutical biochemist. So, I guess I just saw what other people had to offer and I decided I wanted that for myself.

7. What is the best story you've read from someone on Mibba? Why?
Okay so this was a really hard one, but my all-time favorite story on Mibba would have to be Surprise Me by tommo;. There's just this playful element to it while it covers some serious things and I just love the style. The characters are so amazingly well developed, and their interactions are fantastic.

8. If you had any recommendations for a new Mibbian, what would they be?
Post the things that you write. Even if you look at it and think that it's not very good, because chances are, you're just too involved having been the one that wrote it. After a while, feel free to reflect on your work and decide what to do with it, but don't automatically give up on yourself. The experience and feedback you'll receive will be worth it in the long run.
July 20th, 2015 at 04:08pm