7-22-15

I've always had this thought:
What if I had the ability to reset my mind?

After loss, reset.
After heartbreak, reset.
After rejection, reset.
But more than that, I'd want to reset my personality. How cool would it be to be able to reset your bad habits, reset your approach to things, reset any impediments holding you back?
You could build a whole new person without the unshakable, past hinderances. If a reset button existed in your brain, would you push it?
The old anxieties that would plague you could be gone.
The thoughts you try your best to keep in the back of your mind could disappear.
Any remorse, resent or regret you've been holding onto could be washed away. What if it could be that easy?
I remember my first heartbreak, and I remember how restless I was. I remember I felt like I needed to find something, anything, that would take away the gut-wrenching, heart-sinking, constant pain I was in. I can't recount how many times I prayed to God to take it away. At the time, the thought of a reset button would have been a deliverance. Looking back now, it was a cool first relationship. I learned a lot, made mistakes, gave my all, and got hurt. Isn't that what life is? Trial and error? Hurt and healing? How can we learn from the mistakes we don't make, or, in this case, reset?
Would you really want to loose those crucial learning experiences? Maybe the embarrassing ones we can live without, but reset means reset.
When we're hurting, we don't think about that. Resetting sounds like a godsend.
So I guess my question isn't "would you?", because I'm sure all humans would like to reset something, but, "could you?"
July 24th, 2015 at 02:20am