Titles Are the Hardest Part

...of writing a story. Like, honestly.

With my story, currently named The Deal, I have been having that problem. The original title of the story was Let's Make a Deal, but I just...stopped liking it. I think it's because I started finding it sounds too young and less serious, and while the story is supposed to be more light-hearted, I don't want it to be considered young.

So, like, I need help.

I don't know how much help people who don't know where I'm planning on taking this story can help me with though. I mean, if you read the summary you'll get a fairly good idea what the story is about, but there's so much you don't understand completely about the character right now - well, actually, Camille, Lucas, Zack, all of them. Things that I'm sure will be a huge surprise to readers, when they really delve into the story and get to learn how these people really think and act.

I don't want to make a journal giving it all away, where I have some subscribers that may see this and then learn the truth of the situation. That would suck. But, I do wish I could get a new title. So, I mean if you have time to look at the summary and something comes to you - great! If not, I'll probably continue changing the name every so often until I find one I like.

Ciao :)
July 27th, 2015 at 02:33am