Pet Peeves of Writing

I know this has been blogged before, but I just wanted to see what everyone else's pet peeves are on the topic.

I read this Fan-fiction on Wattpad, and this girl had written down the POV's of every character and she wrote it like this: "~*~*~*Whoever's POV~*~*~*~*

That is one thing that irritated me, but I kept on. She didn't add any commas, her entire chapter was like two paragraphs, she blurted out every detail of the main character. Example being: "Her hair was long, black, and she had olive eyes with a blue coat."

Also, and this is a very irritating thing to me at least: She put an Authors Note as the next chapter.

I don't know why it bothers me so much, but I guess I figure, if you are going to write, write it in book format. I have never read a book that was written like this girl typed out.

I told her some helpful criticism, but she said she just didn't have the time to write chapters and type them out and that she absolutely hated criticism and she didn't want to hear it any more.

How can you be a good writer if you don't take helpful criticism seriously? I know it might be her first time, but when someone tries to help you with your writing, you shouldn't shoot them down and be a baby about it just because someone has found some flaws in your writing.

At least, those are my thoughts. I have a ton more pet peeves when it comes to reading online stories, but those are just a few. What are yours if you have any?
July 27th, 2015 at 05:15am