Underused Forum Threads & (New) Music & Comment Swap

Blogs have been slow today, friends, so here I am posting another blog. I mean, there is two blogs between this one and my ficmix one, so I guess that's okay. Right? Right.

I adore the forums. I spend so much time there stalking all the threads it's probably a little weird. I feel like not as many people hang out there anymore, so a lot of the comment swap threads don't get taken advantage of just because of lack of awareness. So I'm here to make people aware!

Story Comment Swap - This thread is just for general comment swaps on stories.

The (Giving) Comment Swap Thread - This thread is used for comments, but instead of commenting on the person above you's story and then posting your own story for a comment, you post someone else's story.

Story Review Thread - This thread is for getting and giving in-depth story reviews.

Comment the Summary - This thread is for comments on the summary of your story.

One-shot for One-shot - This thread is only for one-shots.

Poem Comment Thread - This is a thread only for poems.

Drabble for Drabble - This thread is only for drabbles.

So go use them! They're seruouslt awesome.

*****


I'll admit, sometimes I'm ahead of the game with music, and sometimes I'm just so behind it's kinda sad. In this case, I think I'm definitely behind, but I don't really care. I jump on bandwagons late. It's kinda my thing.

I've recently got into alt-J and twenty one pilots (oh man, are both of their names really lowercase? Send help for my poor grammar-following soul), so I thought I'd share a couple of my favourite songs by them with you guys. Just in case anyone in the world is like me and haven't listened to these bands until now.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch=pXRviuL6vMY[/youtube]
Stressed Out - twenty one pilots.

When I first heard this song, I wasn't a huge fan. Mostly because I didn't get far enough into the song to make a good judgement. I've never been a huge fan of rap mashed with singing, it's always sounded kind of awkward to me. So I was kinda just like "oh god, one of those bands.

But then I found this gem:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch=6ThQkrXHdh4[/youtube]

And oh my god, I'm in love with him. Like legit come and marry me right now. I first heard this version on tumblr and I had no idea who it was by, because tumblr is great and just posts videos without telling you who it is. I listened to it all the time and kind of just came to terms with the fact that I would never know who this man is.

But then I was at work today and was like LETS YOUTUBE IT. And I found it and was like Damn this guy can sing so I looked up Stressed Out again and have been jamming to them all day.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch=rVeMiVU77wo[/youtube]
Breezeblocks - alt-J

I seem to have a theme with not listening to enough songs by a band to make a solid judgement on them. I listened to alt-J a while ago and was kinda just like eh and didn't listen to anything else by them. Then this came on when I was listening to a Spotify playlist and I just love it so much. It's so weird and cool and I just can't.

And this has been "Music You Probably Already Know About" with behind-the-times Lizz.

*****


I want to do a comment swap, but I'm gonna be weird and do it a bit differently. I'm sure you all have seen the Leave a Comment, Take a Comment thing on the first page. If you don't know what it's all about, you can comment in this thread with a story you want to put into rotation. The loving Audrey T. puts up the stories in order, and each story has to get three comments before it gets taken down and replaced with a new one. When it first started up it was moving like crazy, but lately it's been slowing down a lot and it's been taking forever to get comments on things.

So! I want you to comment on one of those stories and leave me one of your stories and I'll comment on it in return. Easy enough, right? I understand that a lot of those stories are long, though, so if you can't commit to reading the whole thing, give them a good comment on the first couple chapters. Sound fair?

Currently, Combustible, Hunters, and Dangers Fascination need one more comment before their three comment requirement is fulfilled. The other stories up there are Woman, All Good Things, Eat Me, Atonement, Rainbow Pride, My Own Saviors, Battlefield, The Outcome, and Daytime Enemies and Nighttime Lovers.

Let me know which story you comment on and leave me a story of yours and I'll comment on it as soon as I can!
July 28th, 2015 at 05:23am