I've Been Quiet | (Mostly Aussie) Music | Stuff

I hardly ever blog on here anymore. I remember I used to a lot but now that I keep my personal stuff relatively exactly that, it's harder to find the effort. I dunno.

But maybe some of my readers check the blog section sometimes and will see this and see me APOLOGISING PROFUSELY for being such a shit updater. I've been trying, I really have! But I'm just stuck on this part of the story I really don't feel like writing ugh. I feel like just dot pointing all these events and then writing what I wanted to write when I decided I wanted to do a sequel before I change my mind on what that is again.

It's just so hard getting past all this setting the scene bullshit.

I've also been a shit reader, which sucks. There are so many stories I have to catch up with/start:

Found Missing
Angel
You're My Mission
Play Dead
Tomorrow's Money
Until We Meet Again
You Only Live Twice

If your story is above and you're reading this wondering why I haven't commented in a while, wonder no longer! I'm getting around to it, I've just not been in the mood to read. I'll probably catch up on them when I attend lectures again next week, because yawn.
So a while ago now (a couple weeks... is that a while?) The Getaway Plan released their new album "Dark Horses" and it's amaaaaaazing. I pledged for it, twice, and I can tell you this is an album I'm happy to own twice over. Their first single was posted on their YouTube here:



It's not a happy song, but I love that. My workplace has added it to their radio play, which is aweeeeesome, but also super distracting. They're touring Australia in October/November and my city has the very last tour date, so that's going to be one long, painful wait. I was going to buy a meet and greet ticket because I have a million thankyous to hand out and really wanna tell Matthew that I don't think it's selfish of him to write about his own experiences because it's fucking wonderful to listen to people's hearts like that... but alas, I already have a ticket and really don't need a third copy of the same album...

Also on music, The Basics' new album "The Age of Entitlement" is out in a few weeks and I'm so excited! I absolutely love their stuff, all of it, and a new album means a tour and having only seen them twice is entirely not enough to please me so that'll be awesome. Hopefully I can say hi to them again, maybe hound Wally (Gotye) on when he's going to release some new stuff. He said he was going to at the start of the year... fuck, I'm so impatient for it.

But anyway. They released 'Roundabout' from their album on YouTube:



Also, I remember when I was doing exams I got into the car after and my dad said Billie Joe had just been on the radio talking about a new album. Do you think I can find info on this new Green Day album anywhere at all? Of course not. But they're writing, which is good. New Green Day stuff is going to be amazing; this I already know.
I think sometime in the future I'm gonna make a blog of all the material stuff/meeting people/moments/movies/songs/other random things that make me grateful to be alive right now, living in this vessel. Stuff that doesn't really matter, like scribbled signatures, and photos, and stuff like that. Stuff that shouldn't be so important but still makes me smile. Stuff I'd take if the house was burning down (after my bird and my teddy bear were safe, of course).

But then I'd have to take photos and make big lists of things and moments and I don't know if it's something really worth sharing. I'll think about it.
July 28th, 2015 at 10:14am