Period-Brain Is a Thing. | New Username/Theme.

'Ello, Mibbz! It's been a whiiiiiile. Actually, it's been so long that I decided it made more sense to reinvent myself here: I used to be addictedsevenfold. but that whole theme was starting to feel pretty old to me. I like this one much better. (;

So yeah, in celebration, I figured I'd post a new blog and play the theme up as much as possible. Here goes nothing:

Image

^my uterus when I woke up surprised the other day to find out that my period decided to pop in out of the blue. No. No I did not see that coming.

PERIOD-BRAIN IS A THING. I've decided this. It's official. People talk about "pregnancy-brain" all the time, I know, but lately I've been wondering why no one seems to talk about "period-brain" besides the fact that, you know, no one talks about anything period related.

Let me walk you through some of the ridiculously stupid things I've done over the past two days that I am officially declaring the fault of my uterus:

+++


So, my roommates and I were collectively completely wasting time cleaning our house since I'll be moving out and a new girl will be coming in. At one point, we're all sitting around going through our own little piles of things and deciding what to keep, and I get to this hilarious card I got from a club advisor. Naturally, my roommates look at me like I'm crazy and ask what the hell I'm laughing so hard at. And so, because I had literally zero ability to contain myself, I just handed over the card and told them to read the last paragraph.

Except, the card was from my German Club advisor, and was written completely in German -- a language that my roommates most definitely do not speak. And I just handed it to them as if they could read it.

Image

+++


And last night, we're all getting ready together to go out and celebrate my leaving and whatnot... which, come to think of it, sounds kind of offensive. But yeah, we had fun, so it's cool. Anyways, I had the bathroom first, so while everyone else was finishing up their final touches, I was just lounging around and doing nothing productive. They come out, I jump up, clap my hands and toss my roommate her keys.

But instead of grabbing bags and heading to the door, my one roommate just looks at me and asks, "Aren't you going to finish getting ready?"

I figured she was talking about the fact that I only straightened my hair and decided to skip everything but eyeliner, so I was all

Image

And then she's like, "Rae. You're not wearing a bra." Because it's apparently completely possible to forget when you're not wearing a bra. I mean, I suppose it's better than thinking I'm ready when I'm not wearing any pants, but... REALLY?

+++


I forgot where we parked our car.

Honestly, I'm usually really good at finding my car even in the parking lots at Disney. I've got skills. Which is why it should've been no big deal that last night I was tasked with remembering where we parked our car. One of my roommates was in charge of securing our ride home and letting out all of the animals when we got back, the other was supposed to keep general tabs on how many drinks we ingested and plan the evening... and I was supposed to remember where to pick up the car when we went back this morning to get it.

I had one job.

Image

+++


Then today, I'm supposed to be moving my queen bed out of my room and pushing it over into my roommate's because she's buying it from me so I don't have to deal with moving it... and I tell her to just give me a second and I'll bring it right over. Except, when I go to retrieve it, I can't lift the damned thing. So either because she was getting bored or because she was hearing weird grunting sounds, she comes back over after a few minutes and asks if I need help. I'm a stubborn person, so naturally, I shush her and tell her I can do it, so she shuts up and just stands there watching while I'm all

Image

After another ten or so minutes, I pretty much collapse and give up, and that's when she says, "You know you've got three boxes on the mattress, right?"

HOW DO YOU DO THAT?! No, seriously! How do you spent twenty freaking minutes trying to lift a mattress off of the box spring and frame, and not realize there are full moving boxes on the damned thing?! I just... I still can't comprehend how it didn't occur to me that I needed to move the boxes first.

+++


I swear I'm going to grad school, guys. I swear I got in fair and square and everything. I just seem to have temporarily lost eightseven percent of my brain function basically overnight.

So yeah, I reiterate: period-brain is a thing. It's a bad, bad thing. It's just...

Image
July 29th, 2015 at 07:32am