Let's Talk About Vans Warped Tour (Photos Included)

Song at the Moment: "Starstruck" by Lady Gaga

Yes. I'm about to talk about a music festival for post-hardcore, pop punk, metalcore, and all those bands and I'm listening to Lady Gaga. wut.

Anyway.

IT'S THAT TIME OF YEAR AGAIN, Y'ALL!

IN WHICH DOMINIQUE GOES TO VANS WARPED TOUR IN MILWAUKEE BECAUSE SHE WAS ONCE AGAIN TOO BUSY TO MAKE IT TO THE CHICAGO/TINLEY PARK DATE!

No seriously. 2013 was my cousin's wedding. 2014... I actually don't remember what I was doing. 2015 was my graduation party.

So my friends and I took the Amtrack train up, which was eventful. Chairs were scattered everywhere in the waiting room but the guy still told us there was a line so I was like "aight". Then after an hour and a half on the train, my friends (Carissa and Sara) and I went to find a taxi. There were too many options so we kind of freaked but then a driver called us over. THEN VIOLA WE ARRIVED! We all brought canned goods so we skipped the line. Meanwhile, while we were in the midst of entering the arena, a band member from As It Is came out to sell the band's CD himself. We Came as Romans came out to sell their new album themselves as well and signed them. Sara was nervous to get hers signed so I went with her. So I guess you cans say I met We Came as Romans.

Now we're in the arena. A map/schedule was bought so then we went to the merch area since it was only 10:45 and the first band we wanted to see was at 11:30. I bought Tracing Back Roots by We Came as Romans, 2 copies of Chasing Ghosts by The Amity Affliction (one for me, one for Carissa), a Hands Like Houses poster, and a Knuckle Puck hat for Carissa which came with a free CD since it was over $20. Then Carissa bought me Unimagine by Hands Like Houses and it came signed.

At 11:30, we went to the Monster Energy Stage to see Beartooth. I don't really listen to them, but I think I'm going to start because they were really good.

Image

THEN THE AMITY AFFLICTION CAME ON AND I CRIED!

No, not really. But they were so good. I know Ahren has been sick lately but I think he's getting over it because he sounded so much better than how he sounds in the Warped Tour videos on YouTube.

Image

Then we headed over to the Journeys stage. Citizen was first.

Image

Carissa and Sara left when they were finished so they could get to the main stage in time to see The Wonder Years. I stayed behind to see Hands Like Houses. First I had to sit through Mod Sun and I honestly have no idea what the fuck I went through during that experience but whatever here's a picture.

Image

THEN HANDS LIKE HOUSES CAME ON AND MY SCREAMING INTENSIFIED!

I pushed my way to the barricade to see them. They're one of my favorite bands so it was necessary.

Image

Then Trenton decided to jump off the stage and climb onto the security guard's step stool right in front of me.

Image

Still crying.

Then another band member decided to crowd surf. I wanna say it was Alexander, but those guys grow beards and mustaches and shave them off so fast and then have 20000000 different hairstyles and it gets confusing on who's who.

After the set, I quickly ran over to their merch tent to meet them. Surprisingly, selfies were allowed.

Image

Image

Why that picture is upside down, I have no idea. But I can't fix it. Also, they signed my poster.

Then I ran over to catch up with Carissa and Sara at the line for The Amity Affliction's meet and greet. Carissa got nervous so I gave them her artwork saying, "My friend's a chicken, so she's having me give you her artwork." They signed my Chasing Ghosts album.

After that, we went over to the Hope for the Day tent to meet Neck Deep. They signed the top half of my Warped Tour ticket.

We headed back to the Journey's stage so I could see Metro Station and they could see Neck Deep.

We sat through Beautiful Bodies and I kind of feel bad for them since their crowd was basically nonexistent.

Image

We also sat through Icon for Hire. I could go on and on about my opinion on them, but I'll just leave it at I don't think I'll be looking up any of their music in the nearby future. But I have a friend who likes them so I took a picture for her.

Image

Then Metro Station came on. The nostalgia was strong with this one.

Image

Trace came off as a jerk to be honest. He was patronizing the fans waiting for Neck Deep saying, "You guys don't like just because we're pop. Nobody asked you to come see us. You could've just stayed home" and he was yelling this at the people in the back who were just chilling. Mason stayed quiet the entire time unless he was singing.

Then I saw Neck Deep. I went to the seats for this one because I was exhausted and their crowd is a little too wild for me.

Image

After Neck Deep, Carissa Sara, and I headed over to the Kevin Says stage to see Knuckle Puck, a Chicago-based band.

Image

We went to meet them afterwards. They signed the bottom half of my ticket and happily introduced themselves. I told them we're all from Chicago and one of them asked me, "Cubs or Sox fan?"

Me: "Ehhh. Not too big into baseball."

Band member: "But if you had to pick."

Me: "Cubs."

Band member: "Ehhhh."

Me: "Are you a Sox fan?"

Band member: "Eh. Not too big into baseball."

He watches hockey though and they're all glad they won the Stanley Cup.

We were too exhausted to see We Came as Romans so we headed back home, seeing a Vans Warped Tour tour bus on the way.

I can happily say that it was a great day yesterday and I'll be impatiently waiting for next year's lineup.

Song at the Moment: "Telephone" by Lady Gaga (I swear other music artists came up while typing this blog lol).

Also, I just had a mini heart attack. I pressed something that sent me back and I thought I had lost this entire blog. But I pressed the forward button and everything was saved. Thank you Jesus.

Have a great day, everyone!
July 29th, 2015 at 07:22pm