I Have a Baby!

Okay. She isn't mine. I'm not ready to take on the role of motherhood. Maybe one day. The baby's name is Caylee, and she is absolutely adorable. I want to cuddle her all night. I would post a picture so you could see, but I'm still a noob when it comes to the code thing. I'll figure it out one day.

Right now Caylee is relaxing on the sofa with her mother. They've been sitting there for about six hours now. I have a feeling they're going to spend the rest of the night on that sofa together. I should take a picture of them. The moment is worth capturing. Their first time relaxing on a sofa. So cute. And Caylee's little coos... oh my God, bury me now. I have already died. I have died a death by adorableness. You'll hear about on tomorrow's evening news. Woman died of infant cuteness.

Caylee is in a purple onesie because that's Alice's favorite color and she insisted that was the first outfit Caylee would ever wear. And because Lily loves Alice (yes, they are two women, and yes, they are married, they've been waiting a long time to tie the knot, especially now since Caylee has finally arrived) and would do whatever she can to make her happy, she allowed this if she got to pick Caylee's next outfit. Of course Alice was so elated that she agreed.

I've decided that Caylee isn't allowed to grow up. In fact, I forbid it. She has to stay a baby forever. I'm sure Alice and Lily wouldn't mind. Alice is clearly besotted. Lily loves Caylee too, but I think she needs a bit more time to adjust to parenthood. She had a good rant/break down to the Nanny at the park. They hired the Nanny to help them. Alice and Lily are new parents. They don't know what they're doing. They don't even have anyone close to them who had a baby. Nanny Williams. I don't know how I feel about her. She hasn't left Caylee's room. She was supposed to follow Alice to the living room and overlook her while she sat on the sofa with Caylee. I think Nanny Williams was supposed to make sure Alice was holding Caylee correctly or something. I don't really know. But no Nanny Williams seems to just want to stand around in Caylee's room nodding her head in approval as if she knows what Alice is doing is correct. Alice could fall asleep on the sofa with Caylee. She wouldn't. I know that for fact. Lily would kill her if she did anything to harm their baby. But is Nanny Williams really that good that she doesn't need to be in the same room with a new mother to know what the mother is doing is right? Can she see through walls? Is she superman - er, woman? Alice and Lily need to hire a new Nanny because Nanny Williams is failing at her job.

But I do really love this new interaction. Before the update you couldn't have a parent sim sit on the sofa with the infants. In fact, there wasn't much interaction with the babies before. They just literally laid in their cribs in whatever room you put them in until you aged them up. It was boring and I hated it. I had another infant before Caylee and I aged him up after a week. If you're going to have infants in a game, at least make it where the player can interact with them more. Before the only options for the babies were feeding, changing their diapers, entertaining them, and cuddling them. You could also have them sleep, but that was only if you clicked directly on them. With this new update, it was like a prayer answered.

The babies also look better compared to the old ones. The old babies were kind of chubbier. The newer babies are slimmer. I don't know how I feel about the babies being slimmer now. Wish there was an option for the babies weight. With the old babies, there was only one option for hair, which was changing the color. You couldn't choose if you wanted the baby to have a full head of hair, be bald, or have patchy looking hair (probably a horrible way to describe the last hair option, oops) like you can now. And I love it. Of course, I choose to give Caylee a full head of hair. I did consider having her be bald, but then I thought she looked silly. Her hair color is black because for some reason I wanted Caylee to take after Alice. They both have the same skin tone - light brown - and hair color, but their eye color is different. Caylee has green eyes and Alice has... honestly I don't remember. I can't check until later. Alice dyes her hair purple but her natural hair color is black. I plan on giving them another baby soon and this one will take after Lily. It will be fair skinned and ginger. Maybe they'll have another daughter. I don't know yet. I want them to enjoy Caylee for now. I should make the next baby female since I'm lacking females in my game. I don't know why. I have more males than females. I have nothing against females, since I am one. But I have always chosen males over females for as long as I can remember.

I can't wait to finish this quest. I want to play with the interaction options. I really hope to finish this quest within the time limit because the coveralls will be unlocked. And I want the coveralls. There's already a good selection of infant clothing, but the coveralls look adorable and I can't help imaging Caylee in one. Even if I don't finish the quest within the time limit, I'll still get to unlock the Music Expression hobby. Caylee playing with the little xylophone would be cute. I am definitely going to take a picture of that.

I don't know all of the new interactions with the infants. The blog I follow for this game hasn't updated with this quest yet. So far all I know is that the infants can crawl and learn to walk. I only know that because I watched a YouTube video on it. The sim parents can also carry them around while they do things. Almost like real life. At least that's what I heard. I wish this quest was around about six months ago when I got my first sim baby. He would have probably stayed a baby a lot longer if these new interaction options were around back then. Oh well, he's a handsome teenager now and he's in a serious relationship with the person he best friend with during his preteen days. I wanted to play around with the teen romance options. And both he and his best friend were - and still are - my only teens in the game.

I think that's it. If you want, I can update you with this quest. Well, I might anyway even if you don't want it. And yes, I did just dedicate an entire blog post on a sim baby. Caylee is adorable and she's worth it. It doesn't really help that it is currently four in the morning where I'm at and I'm not tired just bored... and hungry. Okay. That's it. Bye, ghost. Thanks for reading if you actually read all of this.
July 30th, 2015 at 10:28am