Candle Making and Riptide

I've stated this in another blog but I'll say it again. I've picked up candle making as a hobby. My first two candles were okay. I used paraffin wax and wasn't exactly happy how it kept the scent. But they turned out okay. One is blue with a vanilla scent and the other is red with a baked apple scent. I would show you pictures but I kinda started burning them. The baked apple one smells awesome but the vanilla, not so much. That depresses me because I'm a slut for anything vanilla scented. I drive my mom insane when it comes to vanilla. If I can find the warm vanilla sugar scent from Bath and Body Works in a candle scent, I'd be happy. So I'm searching high and low. I'm currently debating on if I should order stuff off of Candle Science's site. I'm just scared to buy something before sniffing it, you know? What if it smells horrible? Then I just wasted god knows how much on the product plus shipping and handling.

Anyway, I bought like 4lbs of soy wax because I heard they are a lot better when it comes to keeping the color and scents plus they burn cleaner anyway. So tonight I made two new candles in cute little mason jars. Right now they're setting.

I've down more research on what I can use for colors and found out crayons work just like the dye blocks. So I bought a little 24 pack of Crayola crayons and used them for the colors. And let me tell you, the colors are a lot better. And oh my god the smells are so strong and amazing!

Image

The one in the pink jar is a pink candle (Carnation pink if you want to be exact) and it's scented Sweet Pea. And Oh My God! It smells heavenly. And I didn't have to dump a whole thing of oil in it to make it smell nice like I did for the baked apple one.

The one in the green jar is a green candle (yellow green) and smells like Coconut and Lime which is my second favorite scent of all time. Coconut Lime Breeze is my favorite and sadly discontinued scent from Bath and Body Works so having this candle is like the second best thing.

Anyway if I start making candles for sale, do you think people would buy them? Would any of you buy them? Of course this will be in the future I'm still in the newbie at it.

And onto the second part of the title. Can you check out my new story, Riptide. It'll mean a lot to me. It's my little brain child. I'm also looking for characters so if you are interested message me.

Question time:
Do any of you have hobbies? And if so what are they?
July 31st, 2015 at 12:43am