Hozier Appreciation / A Little Bit of Venting

So, has anyone heard of Hozier? I'm sure many of you have. He's that hippy who got well-known thanks to his song Take Me to Church.

But, honestly, that's like one of his worst songs. Not that it's a bad song, it's a masterpiece, but his album just gets better and better from there. For example, his song In a Week is a duet about two corpses rotting together, and I just can't get it out of my head. His song Jackie and Wilson so so fantastic as well, like ugh. It's about a girl (that's obvious if you listen to it) and having a life together, but I've heard its a tribute to the musician Jackie Wilson - since apparently he was a big inspiration to Hozier. Someone New is absolutely fantastic as well. Let's not forget Sedated, Work Song, It Will Come Back, or Run.

His whole self-titled debut is fantastic, really. Listen to the extended edition here.

Meanwhile: I have changed my signature to lyrics from It Will Come Back and my avatar to some art someone made when inspired by Hozier (would give creds but it was impossible to find the source).

I really wanted to change my username to something relative to the song, but I resisted the urge. I like "personified." and I'd like to be known by that name exclusively. Gotta make a name for myself, ya know?

That's all I have to talk about! Listen to Hozier, will ya? And while you're at it, check out my new story The Secret of Prior Path
August 2nd, 2015 at 02:25am