Under Appreciated Stories

Has anyone else ever written a story that they spent a lot of time on, and they absolutely adored it, and then it seemed like there was little to no interest in it at all from anyone else because of what fandom it was written for or something? (Speaking more so to fanfiction writers here, but I'm sure this could also apply to original fiction authors.)

I wrote a one-shot way back in December for the Black Butler fandom, and I was so in love with it. I still am, actually. It didn't really get much of a response on Mibba (like, thirty reads and a subscriber, but that was it), so I'd gone and asked the biggest Black Butler page on Facebook if they would post it. The response there was huge. Try nearly a thousand likes, thirty+ shares, and thirty+ comments saying that the person loved it/wanted more/etc.

I'm usually the type of person to encourage people to write whatever the hell they want for themselves, but... I don't know... has anyone else ever written something that they were just so proud of that they couldn't wait to post it here and have people read it, and then it flopped worse than anything else you've ever posted? It's not as if I can even show it to my family or anything because, as far as I know, they don't know that I write fanfiction. I pray they don't know.

It's like... I think I want to write another as a sequel or something, but I don't know if there would even really be a point in posting it to Mibba at all. Bonus points if anyone can tell me a good site to post anime fanfiction.

Anyway, I feel like the same thing happened again with a Jalex I posted. I mean, it's only been up for a day or so, but I was super excited to post it because I felt that a lot of people would like it since I loved it so much, and it got comments from two people and three recs.

It seems that the things I'm most proud of fail miserably and the things that I hate with a passion are loved by others. Does anyone else ever feel like that? Or is it just me/are the things that I've written and loved actually not as good as I think they are?

This blog is probably all over the place and doesn't make much sense, but I'm so tired right now. Probably should've waited until morning to write this up but oh, well. I probably sound like a whiny bitch. If that's the case then just ignore me, haha.
August 2nd, 2015 at 05:41am