Making Cookies With Audrey T.! & New Things

Since I love a good challenge and really like writing articles, I decided to enter both the DIY-a-thon and the Back-to-School Article Drive challenges this month. I've been eyeing up this cookie recipe for a little while now, so I decided to make it the first one I take a stab at. I ended up not having corn starch so I used a little extra flour and I used a little extra chocolate chips instead of the baker's chocolate. I think they turned out pretty well though! Some of the pictures might be sideways, because for some reason they were uploading sideways but showing up the way they were supposed to. Bleh. Anyways.

When I started, I realized that my cream cheese was a little hard, so I threw it in the microwave to soften it up. Except I was stupid and left the metalish wrapping on it and just about blew up my kitchen before I ended started baking anything. BUT, everything survived and I ended up softening the cream cheese without the wrapping on it like a normal person and we were good to go.

The whisking of the liquid part took a little while because it was still grainy no matter what I did, but I left it and came back and that worked out well.

After I got all the ingredients and everything in, it looked like this:
Image

Which looks amazing, I know. I tried some of the cookie dough and it tasted fantastic. I probably could have just not cooked any of it and ate the entire thing.

I made them into balls and stuck them in the fridge:
Image
Excuse my obvious lack of photography skills. I have no idea why the picture ended up so blurry.

And then I had to do some running around so they stayed in there for about 3 hours. I took them out, squished them down, then found out I didn't have any aluminium foil to put them on so I just sprayed some non-stick spray on the cookie sheet and went with that. I baked them at 350 degrees Fahrenheit (it didn't say a temperature in the recipe but cookies are usually 350) for 11 minutes and this is what the first batch from the other looked like!

Image

The recipe ended up making about 24 cookies. My mom stole one before they were cool and then ended up eating another one and said they were amazing so I'll take her word for it. They look freaking awesome though, definitely going to be using this recipe again!

Update: I tried one, and they definitely are amazing.

*****


I went shopping today (and got a couple things yesterday) because I have money for the first time in a while. In total I ended up getting:

- 3 new Essie nail polish colors (Mod Square, Where's My Chauffeur?, and Blanc)
- 2 t-shirts from Bootlegger (yay sales)
- 7 pairs of underwear from La Senza (yay more sales)
- A couple pairs of new scrubs. My grandma bought me some that ended up being too big so it was more of an exchange
- New portable fragrance refills for my car (vanilla coconut, Japanese cherry blossom, pumpkin apple and sundrenched vineyard) and an amazing Vanilla Buttercream hand lotion that I want to eat because it smells so good (also yay more sales. What can I say, I bargain shop hardcore)

There's a few more things I need to get before school starts, but I was pretty excited about the things I picked up
August 3rd, 2015 at 01:54am