The Problem With Jewish Extremist

I honestly feel so ashamed of my heritage right now. Recent events in Israel have gone way too far. You won't hear it about in the mainstream news, but there is a true, present danger of the radical right wing in Israel.

If you don't know during the gay pride parade in Jerusalem on Thursday, six people were stabbed by Yishai Schlissel. Yishai Schlissel is a jewish extremist who is just as dangerous as an Islamic terrorist. He had just been released from prison for committing a similar attack in 2005.

Yesterday one of Thursday's victims died. Her name was Shira Banki. She was just 16. She died for standing up for the right for people to be able to love openly, to openly and shamelessly live their lives. She could have been many of us on Mibba. This is a picture of her.
Image

This comes after an Palestinians 18 month old was killed in an arson attack on his home in the West Bank. An area illegally occupied by Israeli settlers.

This violence needs to end. It is being enabled by the right-wing parties currently in power. We need to speak out against this extremism just as we speak out against ISIS. The only difference between Jewish and Islamic extremist are their religions. No religion excuses these senseless killings. I find the Jewish extremist more abhorrent knowing that the the first principle of modern Judaism is that preserving human life comes before anything else.

I really just want to cry right now. I see my cousins in Shira Banki. I see myself in Shira Banki. I can't see living in a world where people think what happening is okay as long as the people killing aren't muslims. At the end of the day we are all human.
August 3rd, 2015 at 09:46am