A Review of "Hate This and I'll Love You"

Title: Hate This and I'll Love You
Authors: steve rogers. and feathery-cassbutt
Type: Fanfiction (Harry Potter)
Rating: NC-17
Warnings: Abuse

There is not a single chapter of this story that will not leave your heart racing or broken, including the grand finale. The tale begins much like the series begins: on the Hogwarts Express. Except there is a much different tone here than the excitement and wonder that The Sorcerer's Stone begins with.

It is well-established that Harry Potter and Draco Malfoy are enemies throughout the canon series, but in Hate This and I'll Love you, steve rogers. creates a different feud between the two boys, centered around the beautiful Melanie Parker. The unhappy relationship between Melanie and Draco is introduced very quickly.

steve rogers. and feather-cassbutt develop a story that follows exactly how difficult abusive relationships are: yes, she wants to leave, but feels she cannot. Yes, however, they had love at the beginning, and that's hard to forget. Yes, there's always more to the story than what others can see.

The focus on Melanie's friendship with Harry, Ron, and Hermione, however, will make your heart warm. This fanfiction, while saddening and heart-wrenching, describes beautiful scenes of friendship and acceptance. steve rogers. and feathery-cassbutt's ability to balance these emotions while creating a wholesome, continuous storyline is simply incredible.

Whether you are a fan of Harry Potter or not, I implore you to go read this completed fiction. You will cry, but you will also laugh, and most of all, you will have read an incredibly well-crafted piece of fiction that will leave you eager to explore the other works of these incredible authors.
August 7th, 2015 at 03:33am