Old Stories

So because I was feeling nostalgic, I went back and looked at some of my old stories and was...kind of horrified at what I found. I mean yeah, I wrote them in 2011 when I was sixteen. I'm now turning twenty and I've been writing for five years and I feel like I've grown so much as a writer and those stories are just like a damn thorn in my side.

So since I'm home for the summer and I'm only working 25 hours a week, I think I'm going to go about revamping some of my old stories. I'll probably start with Silent Shadows and Rebel Love Song and then work from there. I can't promise that it'll happen but I'm gonna try.

I'm just in a super nostalgic mood these days. I’ve been revisting my former life as an emo kid by going back to Waking the Fallen and some of Good Charlotte’s older stuff. I was such an embarrassing child, I swear to God. I’ve tried to block out so much of my youth because it literally makes me cringe the way I used to act.

In other news, I’m like 80% sure one of the other interns at my office has a crush on me and I’m so torn about that whole situation. He’s not a bad looking kid and he got a job as a computer engineering intern at a good company while he’s still in college so that’s a good sign but I really do not have the patience for men right now.

I honestly am just rambling at this point because I’m trying to hit the word count thing and I don’t know what to say. I’m going to see Slash and Myles Kennedy again in October for my birthday, which will literally be my best birthday present ever. I can’t believe I’m going to turn twenty this year. I still think I’m seventeen. So strange.
August 8th, 2015 at 06:16am