Update on My Health and Weight Loss I Never Spoke About.

As you've probably noticed, I did go on a bit of a hiatus. I still am, since I don't want to keep making promises about updating stories because a family member of mine is hospitalized or I am. On top of that, school is finally coming to a close, but I still have clinical work and hours to do BEFORE I get a legit job with my degree, so I'll still be pretty busy. Not as much, but still - you never know what can happen.

Now, I don't usually delve TOO much into my health, aside from the usual heart problems and updates, but I wanted to divulge into detail about how things have changed since I moved. As you all know, my father and I have had some pretty hefty health problems - his more challenging than mine. Once we made the change over the 2014 Christmas holidays, I noticed I had been putting on more weight than need be. I was challenged by my cardiologist and was also deemed 'pre-diabetic' and that I would be a good candidate for insulin at the rate that I was going.

Never, in my life, did I expect to hear such words.

Image

That was me between February and March. And not at a good number.

I started easing off on sweets and soft drinks. Start proportioning my meals and walked and hiked at a trail near me every day.

Image

That is me now. 5 months later and 35 pounds lighter. I don't usually display such pics, but if you could physically see the change in me, I would hope you would understand why I took such pics. I am over the moon and beyond happy with the results so far. Now I'll be a bit more rigorous in my weekly routine and begin weight training and toning.

As for the stories, I haven't left them behind. In fact, every night I have been putting at least a page or two towards my chapters. Now I can't say how many chapters there are because I haven't done that. I am just writing, which I have found rather therapeutic and non-rushed. I will be updating sometime soon, but won't say a date. I do apologize for that. Bear with me as I am now making new arrangements (better ones, I hope) with the change of seasons.

I hope everyone is well and are having their summer fun before school starts agian. How time flies, no? Stay safe and healthy friends!

Much love,
mswrite85
August 10th, 2015 at 09:58pm