My Nails Are Stars I Cannot Fathom Into Constellations

I tried to be cute with my title. I should probably stop doing that. Dear god.

Anyways, in honor of the DIY-a-Thon and because my nails were starting chip, I thought I'd try out Kandi's Nebulas Nails tutorial. I'd been wanting to do it for a while, but I just never did until now. Whoops.

Anyways, I liked this tutorial overall. It was really simple and easy to follow which was nice. I didn't end up having super dark nail polish, which I think would have made it better, and I kind of just went with the flow so they didn't exactly end up looking a whole lot like nails. That was just be though, because I was looking at some pictures and was like "uhhh, like this maybe?" and then it ended up looking kinda weird. I'll have a better idea for next time though. I also didn't have really glittery nail polish, so I stole some gold, kinda glittery polish and it didn't work as well. Oh well.

These are the colors I used:
Image

I had that blue from a while ago and it ended up being kinda light which was unfortunate. I used 3 of my Essie colors, which I did like, and the glittery totally not star looking stuff for the top.

Excuse the crappy pictures, like I've said before, clearly I suck at photography.

This is my left hand:
Image

And this is my right hand:
Image

Also I hadn't cleaned off the polish that I got on my hand instead of my nail because it happens every time and I just couldn't be bothered.

I'll definitely try this again, it was pretty simple to do and didn't take long, but I'm gonna try and have a nebula picture up and follow it almost exactly because I need direction like that.
August 11th, 2015 at 03:57am