I'm Going to Have Kittens!

I don't want to say its official but Grump (one of my female cats who mentioned in a blog or two) is pregnant. She's going to have little ones. Lettuce will have siblings. Half-siblings, but siblings nonetheless.

I had a feeling she was pregnant. Grump was laying on my dresser, that's been her favorite spot after my desk chair decided to be a jerk and knock her off whenever she fell asleep, haha. But just now when I came back into my room, I noticed her stomach moved a bit if that doesn't sound creepy. I placed my hand on her stomach and I felt movement. Grump sat up after a while because she doesn't like her stomach to be touched. And unless she has an alien in her womb, she is going to have babies.

I am beyond excited/nervous. Grump had six kittens back in May. None of them survived when she got bit by that spider and was unable to care for them. I did my absolute best to care for them until she got better. But I had no previous experience with taking care of new born kittens. And I went on every cat related website and read loads of articles on new born kitten care. And viewed videos on the topic on YouTube. I thought I was doing a good job. I felt confident that these kittens would make it, but no. God had different plans apparently.

I have a good feeling with these kittens, though. They are going to survive and be cute, playful kittens. They'll run around with Lettuce. They'll take over my bed. I can't wait to see them. Fingers crossed all of them won't be grey this time, haha. But seriously, all ten kittens that were born this year turned out to be grey. The grey gene in Junior must have been dominant. Not that I have a problem with grey cats. I love all cats, no matter their fur color, size, or if they have anything physical or medical or whatever. A cat is a cat and they all deserve to be loved - in my opinion, anyway.

I'm just kind of hoping that there will be a black cat. I really want a black cat. If there's a black cat gene in either Junior or Grump, that is. And yes, I know for fact that Junior is the one who impregnated Grump. He's the only male cat I own and all of my cats are inside. I'm still not sure how he got to her without me knowing. I'm with them almost all day. They are in my room.

Junior was supposed to have gotten fixed about two months ago, but my mother had knee surgery around that time so she couldn't drive. I don't have my drivers license. And my sister, who could have driven me to the vet and who also scheduled the appointment, decided last minute to cancel it. She told me she was going to reschedule but hasn't yet.

But kittens! I'm going to have kittens! Well, Grump is. They will be adorable. And even though I have witnessed cats giving birth more times than I want to admit, I will still freak out. I know the mother cat knows what she is doing, but when I don't hear the kitten cry or the mother cat doesn't tend to it right away, I get agitated. Can't help it.

I don't think you guys care about this. You're probably rolling your eyes and being all like 'ugh, cat lovers'. For whatever reason, I wanted to share this with you. It couldn't be helped. I am a cat person. Always have been and always will be.

Bye, guys. :)
August 12th, 2015 at 08:41pm