New Laptop

So after having my HP for five years, and drooling over my husbands new Lenovo, we went to Best Buy today and I got to pick out a new laptop.

When we were finally approached by an employee (probably my age, around 25ish), he asked what I was looking for.

"I want to play Skyrim."
"On your computer?"
"Yeah."
"Anything else?"
"I just want to play Skyrim. And it has to be good."
"Okay well we have some gaming laptops over here."

So he shows me the Lenovo and then he shows me the Asus G Series laptop that they have in store. Guys. It was LOVE at first sight. It's a hulk of a thing, but I love it and I just want to hug it. It has a button to open Steam. I don't even have to go digging around to find it, I just push the button and BAM. Steam opens. IT HAS A BUTTON THAT ALLOWS ME TO STREAM MY GAMES. Which, would be totally awesome if I knew how to stream my games BUT THERE'S A BUTTON.

This laptop cost us around $1,399 before tax (and it's a tax free holiday here in Florida so the first $750 was tax free), but it is well worth it. It has a whopping 17" screen and has an i7 processor, perfect for gaming (in HiDef of course).

I haven't gotten to play Skyrim yet because my children are being outrageously crazy today so they're in the kid pool on the porch and I'm sitting here playing around on Asylum (yes, I name my laptop's) to get used to it. I think tonight I'm going to upgrade to Windows 10 before I start making the laptop my own because I'm not sure what transfers over or if it resets all the settings when you upgrade.

I'm so excited.

Did I mention it's a touch screen? *touch* hehe.
August 13th, 2015 at 11:38pm