Group Write! OCs at Hogwarts // Anyone Wanna Join?

So recently I've become really obsessed with Harry Potter... for about ten years.

I have always followed the saga, more now than I ever could thas to Pottermore! But sometimes I read all the books (every summer, this summer three times) or watch all the movies (marathon pending with my three best friends when I finish exams) and it just isn't enough. So my search for fics is kind of neverending.

Lately I've stumbled into the wonderful Wolfstar world and I couldn't be happier because I ignore the sad fics and the ones I read are all about queer and nobody is dead. Then I went into the Grindeldore fics because it's hard not to get sucked in into the naïve and slightly flustered Albus with a huge crush on a German wizard. I mean. Gellert was goldilocks, guys.

So mixing two of my favorite things together (the HP universe and queerness) I think I've come up with a very fucking decent plot for a groupwrite. It would all be OCs and the time in which it takes place could be any. It could be in the 40s with a handsome yet scary Head Boy figure (Ayeeeee, young Tom Riddle fanboy here), it could also be around the 70s, Marauders Era and Regulus and Severus (and maybesortaplease a bit of Narcissa and Lucius?), or maybe during Harry's years at Hogwarts and have another point of view of the series OR it could be afterwards? Like, seriously, guys! Anything!

The main plot I thought up would need around four or five writers, since the group is made of five people. Two Gryffindors, a Slytherin, a Hufflepuff and a Ravenclaw. I put two Gryffindorks because for some reason people usually like the most unfair and biased house of all...(?!)

So, the characters;

- A bubbly Hufflepuff: agender, asexual, lithromantic and not really a fast learner, but everyone loves zir because ze is just the cutest, most friendly student to ever fucking be. Ze actually is really good at Quidditch and ze plays as Beater. Ze is a halfblood, with both magical parents but zir father is a muggleborn.

- A withdrawn Ravenclaw: transboy, homosexual, demisexual, homoromantic who finds solace in books because he is incredibly insecure about everything he does, so he doesn't go to the Great Hall, doesn't play Quidditch but in reality is a very passionate boy who loves deep and long debates. He is a muggleborn and his mother doesn't approve of him being transgender.

- A mistrusting Slytherin: bigender, pansexual, panromantic who is smart, sharp and very, very cynical all the time. He prefers male pronouns, since he doesn't mind and it brings less confusions, though if you call him ze, he will be very happy. He is mistrusting, only the Hufflepuff is his friend and he plays as Chaser for his Quidditch team. He is also a halfblood.

- An angry Gryffindor: closeted transgirl, bisexual, polyromantic, biromantic who is angry all of the time because she is expected to fit into what her pureblood parents expect her to be. Yet she was born short, and she doesn't like Quidditch and she likes to imagine just how nice it would be to be calle 'babygirl' sometimes. She takes it out on Slytherins, and thus she is the Slytherin's worst nightmare when it comes to duel club. 

- A flirty Gryffindor: cisgender, pansexual, aromantic girl who is known for being "a slut". Her own house shames her a lot but as an assertive, confident girl she tries to teach them how to get rid of their prejudices. Yet she's ignored, and her brother doesn't talk to her because of it. She is the greatest at muggle studies, even if she's a pureblood with no previous muggle friends, and she's gained a lot of detentions for getting into fights with her own house.

Now, after these introductions, you can all pick one and add stuff to it! I, of course, want to participate so sadly, the Ravenclaw transboy will be taken. One, because I'm more of a Slytherin than a Ravenclaw and I need to solve that and two, because I myself am a transboy and this will be fun to do.

They could all suddenly become friends through detention. Or maybe something darker that's going on. Maybe one starts falling in love with the other or maybe there's a Tri-Wizard Tournament going on. Maybe it could be from fourth year. Maybe from sixth year. Who knows?!

If you're interested, please, leave a comment and talk to me through private message, offering a full introduction of the character you've chosen and maybe a 300-500 prologue of it to see if your writing is good enough for the story which is about to unfold. Share your thoughts, ideas, and if you feel like changing something from above, do it and tell me aout it! All ideas are welcome!

Thank you all, guys!
August 24th, 2015 at 07:52pm