I'm a Senior, "Since That's Clearly What You Want So Badly" and Other Things That're Happening in My Life.

So, today was my first day of senior(as in high school) year. I liked 2/4 of my classes(we have block scheduling, so I have half my classes on day 'A', and half my classes on day 'B'). I have my college readiness math class with three or four good friends, and I'm excited about one of my chorus classes because my director is finally gonna crack down and weed out the slackers who don't really wanna be there for whatever reason(I'm in 2, hopefully soon 3 classes. One basic "catch-all" class, and 1, hopefully soon to be 2 advanced classes). Tomorrow I have English, which I'm extremely excited about because my ex spent months telling me that my teacher was similar to me in twenty years(I'm excited to find out if I need to be super flattered or if I need to hunt the little bitch down and fight him).

Anyways, my parents are just consistently pushing me away, and it's starting to boil way past the point of just stupid teen angst. Like, they have pushed me so far away that I honestly don't want anything to do with them. I avoid my houses at all cost, and when I'm forced to be there, I sit in my "room"(I don't have a room at my mom's currently and have been sleeping in the dining room because there aren't any floors in my room and my mom won't let me sleep on the wood panelling on the floor; I suppose I have a room at my dad's, but I don't have a bed so that doesn't really count) and I work on my fanfiction and ignore everyone in my house. As an example of my parent's pushing me away, my dad literally looked me in the eye the other night and goes, "Why don't you want to kill yourself, since that's what you clearly want to do so badly." Yea. That doesn't really need any further commentary.

Also, I was in Kentucky(my home state) for a couple of weeks, and while I was there, I had the opportunity to go and "shadow" my eighth grade English/History teacher. I sat in on two of his classes, both of them 7th grade history classes, and I was stunned at how much fun I was having just being his "aid" for the day. Up until that day, I'd been very seriously thinking about being a hair stylist(I like the idea of making up your own hours, and if you play your cards right, you could potentially make a lot of money), and while that's more than likely still a path I will venture down(I'd really like to have a source of constant income before I try to pursue expensive college classes), I think that teaching is something I most definitely want to pursue as well eventually.

In summary, despite the fact that my parents are kind of being not so nice as of late, I'm really excited to finish up high school and move on to the next part of my life.
August 25th, 2015 at 01:39am