My Grandmother Almost Died

Bad news or good news first? Actually, neither of them are really bad or good...

I've been wanting to blog about this for a while now, but I just haven't felt like it. Whenever I meet anyone and they ask my name I don't introduce myself as Blake, the name I've chosen for myself, I introduce myself with the name given to me. I don't know why, and it's weird. I almost wish I didn't need to have a name... Is that messed up or anything? I don't know.

Also my grandmother nearly died today.

My mom bought lobster for lunch because it was my grandmother's birthday yesterday and while we were eating them my grandmother made a comment about the tail being tough and got up to get some water. Next thing we know she's panicking and choking. My mom immediately went into action doing the heimlich but it wasn't working and she was barely able to get oxygen into her lungs and my mom shouted for me to call 911. I did and I was able to answer all their questions whilst being completely terrified. Luckily though she managed to swallow finally and was fine and an ambulance didn't have to come.

It was so scary though, both my mom and I were shaking. My grandmother was fine though and continued to eat as if she didn't almost choke to death.

The whole experience just unsettles me. I wouldn't have been able to do what my mom did, and if she hadn't yelled to me to go call 911 I would have continued to sit there and watch because I was just so scared.

I will never be ready to lose my grandmother. I hang out with her everyday. She's one of my favorite people. It just makes me sad to think that one day I will lose her.

Anyway, I hope everyone had a good day.

[ Questions ]
1. How was your day?
2. Do you know how to do the heimlich?
3. Any thoughts on the name thing?
August 27th, 2015 at 02:52am