More Diary Blog

The yard/bake sale went well today. I honestly got bored because the people that were there looking over it all would just talk about work, and I'm not great at social situations so... Yeah. But they ended up raising nearly 300 dollars for their residents so that's good. (My mom is a social worker at an assisted living facility for older folk, in case anyone was wondering.)

After that we were going to go to the beach but I didn't think it'd be a good time considering it was a pretty breezy. Instead my mom took me over to the animal shelter and I got to see all the kitties and dogs. You couldn't keep the grin off my face if you tried.

There was one cat that I would have loved to take home with me. As soon as I walked in the room and over to where it was hanging out it was all about getting as much attention as it could. I really did fall a little bit in love with it. Then there was one dog that was really beautiful, but it did bark a bunch at me and I didn't quite enjoy that. There was also a couple of Pomeranian's that were super quiet and cute and I wish I could have played with them but all the dogs have to stay in cages. The place was heaven for me, but for all those animals, I'm sure it's not.

I've realized that this blog has turned into more of a diary than a blog, but hey, that's what you get.

Something else I wanted to touch on was that there was a moment today when we were just driving that I really felt like I was coming into myself, if that makes any sense. Like, I know that the future is what I want to make it, and I'm going to make it mine. Of course I'd love to just arrive at the outcome without doing any of the work, but that's not what life is. I'm sure I'll be writing a poem to further extend my thoughts later, but for now...

Also, something that really excites me is that I've found a missing puzzle piece, so to speak, to These Bright Lights. I'm not yet ready to start actually writing it, as a matter of fact I don't even know where the story is going to pick up once I finally do figure that out, but I do have a general feel of what it is going to turn into. Which brings me to my first question -

[ Questions ]
1. Have you been to London/live in London? Can I message you for details?
2. How was your day?
3. Any plans for tomorrow?
August 30th, 2015 at 04:00am