Airport Thoughts

Hey lovelies. I feel like it's been forever since I've written a blog. I guess 11 days is kind of a long time, but it seems longer. Whatever. I made a new blog layout that I don't know how I feel about. Maybe I'll end up changing it.

I'm currently stuck in an airport on the way back from my boyfriend's house. He lives 8 hours away and it only takes almost 2 hours to fly, but for some reason I always end up on the flights that have 3 hour long layovers so I get stuck in this airport a lot. There's a bookstore really close to me and a bakery across from it so I might need to go spend some money. God.

I feel like I've been doing a ton these past couple weeks, which I guess I have compared to the rest of my summer. I went on a short roadtrip with my little brother (well, he's almost 16, so not really little) and his friend. We drove to Edmonton, which is where I'm hanging out now because flying, because they have a freaking huge mall here and the boys wanted to go to the water park/amusement park/shopping. His friend ended up driving me insane, but it was alright.

I don't drive long ways too terribly often, so that was an adventure. The way down was fine. We left at like 4pm and it takes about four and a half hours to get there, so we got in around 8:30. It was still light out when we got there and the boys weren't tired, so we went to the movie theater/arcade in the mall. The boys played arcade games while we waited for the movie and then we went to see Fantastic 4. WHICH DIDN'T HAVE ANYTHING AFTER THE CREDITS AND I WAS SO DISAPPOINTED. I hadn't gotten paid yet so I spent like all of my money there and couldn't buy anything else. Whoops.

The next day we went to the mall because the rest of it was actually open and I helped my brother do some back-to-school shopping, then the boys wanted to go to the water park and I wasn't into that so I let them go off by themselves and I went and did some shopping for my mom. So I got to go into all the stores I wanted to shop at but had no money to get stuff for myself. It was pretty sad times.

My boyfriend and his sister decided to drive up and meet us. His sister had a friend she hadn't seen in a while that lives there and my boyfriend and I hadn't seen each other in a couple months, and we have a friend that lives kind of out of town that we hadn't actually gone to see in forever and a day so it worked out well. We ended up walking around the mall doing nothing for like 2 hours, then driving out to see our friend. We watched a super shitty Street Fighter movie that was so bad it was good and hung out for a while which was really nice.

I then had to drive around 45 minutes back to the mall and pick up the boys. By that time it was around 8pm, my phone was almost completely dead, I was tired, and still had to drive four and a half hours home. We were good for the first while, my brother stayed up with me and it was easy to stay awake, but by the time 11pm rolled around, both of the boys were asleep and I was so exhausted. I ended up blasting the radio and singing for a straight 2 hours to keep myself awake. My voice was so shot by the end of it but I didn't fall asleep while driving so that was a plus. My mom kept going on and on about how hard it would be to stay awake and I was like NO DON'T WORRY I'LL BE FINE. But god it was hard.

Two days after we got home, I flew out to my boyfriend's for 5 days. I love going there, his family is so amazing and the city he lives in is one of my favourite places ever. We just hung around the house for a couple days and then we went to the mall a couple days ago. I ended up getting new running shoes for clinical, some bath bombs/bubble bars from Lush, a new bra and pants from Lululemon, and a few things from H&M. I only spent a couple hundred dollars altogether and honestly almost everything was stuff I needed to get. The Lush stuff was a splurge but come on, if you've ever gotten Lush stuff you'll know it was worth it.

I just left earlier today, like I said, which always makes me sad. Being in a long distance relationship is hard, guys. We've always lived in different cities, so I guess in a way that makes it easier, but still. I've known him for about 8 years now, and we've been dating for 2 and a half. We only get to see each other once every few months because we're both in school and it really sucks. We skype just about every day and do things like play video games and watch shows together, but there's a limited amount of things we can do over the computer, you know? I wanted to transfer schools for this upcoming year so I would be a lot closer to him, but I didn't end up getting in so that kinda destroyed that plan. I'm hoping I can transfer next year and be closer and everything will be a little bit easier. So we'll see.

So yeah. That's been my life the past couple weeks. School starts tomorrow, which is making me hella nervous, but I think it'll be okay. I just have to get over my initial fear before I get into clinical so I can just dive right in and get better grade this year. My GPA is around 3.2, which is okay but I want to try and work as hard as I can to get it up, which means I have to get over my anxiety as much as I possibly can so it doesn't take me as much time to get into the swing of things. I'm hoping I'll have really awesome clinical partners that'll help me out so we'll see what happens.

I have a bunch of stuff I have to get done before I start:
- Do my Safemedicate modules
- Do my Medicare modules
- Get my dTap vaccination up to date because we have a Whooping Cough outbreak going on up here
- Get my locker
- Get my parking pass from the Campus Ops office
- Price out/bring my old textbooks to the college to sell

SO THAT'S STRESSING ME OUT. I got my schedule today though so I have some time to get things done which is making me feel better about my life. We'll see what happens.

My car stopped working on me about a week ago, there was this weird banging sound whenever I drove it, and I was super stressed out because getting cars fixed costs and arm and a leg and I need all of my appendages. But it turns out my mom's boyfriend works with a guy who has a mechanic for a roommate, and he ended up taking the entire back end apart and fixing it and all he wanted was for me to buy him a carton of cigarettes and some alcohol as payment so I was beyond grateful for that. I had no idea what I was going to do if I didn't have a car. But I don't have to worry about that now so thank god for guys who work in the oilfield (well that specific guy, some of them are a little iffy).

ANYWAYS. This an insanely long blog. I dunno if anyone will read until here but if you did....

How have you been, friends?
September 1st, 2015 at 02:45am